Media Playback Suported Audio Formats Blade 5000s

AL391

Hi, has anyone played back a media mkv file with dts audio track as i have loads of films on a USB hard hard drive i would like to play through the Blade 5000s

I've watched MKV files on the BM5000s. Not sure of the audio format but mine seem to play ok. Plug your HDD in and give it a whirl.

Got the box, does the job as receiver well, but not supporting DTS audio codec from mkv video files,perhaps this could be addressed in future firmware upgrades, now just waiting on a line.

IMG_1976.jpgIMG_1975.jpg
This is what info I'm getting form a couple I've got on a flash drive in the back of the 5000s. Are all your movies DTS audio codec?

Got the box, does the job as receiver well, but not supporting DTS audio codec from mkv video files,perhaps this could be addressed in future firmware upgrades, now just waiting on a line.

Most of my latest blue ray rips are, i have got a wdtv live which plays them ok, but the earlier version did not, so i thought the BM5000s being new tech would also but will hope for a firmware added codec at some time.

Sent a couple of emails to Blade Support about audio DTS support on USB video files

Hi, I have movie files on a USB drive that are MKV with a DTS audio soundtrack, the movie plays but the audio does not.
In the info button it leaves the description of the audio blank so i guess the BM 5000s does not support the DTS codec, would it be possible at some future time to include this in a upgrade of the firmware.
Regards
AL391

Blade Reply
Thank you for your email. Our engineers reply:-

if the source from tuner, the box can support DTS sound, but if the source from USB, the box cannot support

Kind regards,

Blade Media.

Thanks for your quick response, i hope that at some future time you will be able to address this issue, thanks again and so far the box has been great.
Regards
AL391

Blade Reply
Thank you and we are very happy that you are pleased with our box.

Our engineers say it is not a technical issue, it is unfortunately a licensing issue.

Thank you for your time and please enjoy your Blade box.

Kind regards

Blade Media.

Its a pity but i do have a WDTV Live to play such files but it would have been nice, credit to Blade Support for quick response(y)

Back