mgcamd help

nizpatel

Cannot get mgcamd to work. Done all the steps. Activated mgcam 1.38, inserted my lines correctly in newcamlist, done a rescan but still nothing.

Any help?

Having the same problem, even had a member of Tech Kings have a look via teamview and also ran a test on my line which was successful. He couldn't find anything wrong with my file set up but still cant get anything apart from freeview. been waiting 2 days for a phone call/support from my provider. Thank god the footy is on BBC tonight.

I have been using CCcam all this time but was getting some glitching so i thought i would give mgcamd a try. No luck at all. I bet its something very small too.

Exactly what I was thinking, it's probably something so simple. Tempted to do a factory reset and try again with a different mgcamd conf file.

Just a thought, have you stopped/restarted mgcamd after adding your line? Launch Softcam manager to restart it, or reboot the zgemma, it will achieve the same thing.

Glad to hear one of you is sorted :-).

@coelda have you started the mgcamd service via Softcam manager? Also what image are you using? I've had problems in the past where the zgemma I received had two versions of mgcamd running! Had to uninstall all versions via plugin manager and start with a clean mgcamd install, that nearly sent me to the funny farm!

finally got it, I downloaded a new mgcamd.conf file deleted the old one installed the new one and hey presto! Thanks to everyone for their help much appreciated.

Hi Garyth,

Thanks for that, I may be having another issue and would appreciate any ideas you may have.

I have two cable gifts both which are mgcamd (CWS) format. They both are not working on my zgemma H2.

So i tried test line in Mgcamd format which is also not working, I tried the same test line in C and N format and it worked fine in cccam.

I have tried to restart mgcamd in softcam manager each time

Have you seen this before?

Thanks.

Hi Garyth,

Thanks for that, I may be having another issue and would appreciate any ideas you may have.

I have two cable gifts both which are mgcamd (CWS) format. They both are not working on my zgemma H2.

So i tried test line in Mgcamd format which is also not working, I tried the same test line in C and N format and it worked fine in cccam.

I have tried to restart mgcamd in softcam manager each time

Have you seen this before?

Thanks.

Qasim, not sure as to why you need 2 cable connections/lines. Which build are you using on the box?

I have 2 lines as backup not using at the same time, I am using succumnsee image from techkings.

Thanks

I have 2 lines as backup not using at the same time, I am using succumnsee image from techkings.

Thanks

I have heard of folk that have had issues using that build, I'm not sure as to why this is the case. If I were you I would reflash using a different image, that will sort you out

Appreciate al your help, any image you would advice for a zgemma h2 cable.

Thanks

I think Biohead is cable only, you also have the dsayers back up. Personally I'm now using the wooshbuild, yeah all looks like sky on the tv but haven't had any issues with it at all running cable. If you do go down this route, you need to first set up the wooshbuild as normal, then download autobouquetsmaker from plugins/system plugins/ then when you go into service searching this will now show for you to add the net id and scan, job done once your two lines are added

Back