Read First Post Modded Smarters

nani17

I've heard there is a modified sly version of smarters. I've seen them on other boxes before but never seen a smarters version.

Is it true you can get a sly looking smarters app?

From experience, all the specific modded apps are specific to a particular supplier.
For instance, my guys have a modded app that reflects a SKYGlass look, but I couldnt just send it to you and you enter your details and off you go, you'd have to be with my supplier.
Secondly, it will tend to be just the same workings, but the surrounding colours will look like a typical SKY box colouring.
Lastly, it will not be an interface similar to what we were able to get on an enigma 2 sat box, it will be the same smarters set up, just different colours.

That is my experience of these so far anyhow, others may feel free to say I'm incorrect.

From experience, all the specific modded apps are specific to a particular supplier.
For instance, my guys have a modded app that reflects a SKYGlass look, but I couldnt just send it to you and you enter your details and off you go, you'd have to be with my supplier.
Secondly, it will tend to be just the same workings, but the surrounding colours will look like a typical SKY box colouring.
Lastly, it will not be an interface similar to what we were able to get on an enigma 2 sat box, it will be the same smarters set up, just different colours.

That is my experience of these so far anyhow, others may feel free to say I'm incorrect.
I've heard you can only get it from a supplier as in they put it on for you. Which I kinda understand. I also figures it would pretty much be the same I just wanted to try it from my own experience. Kinda getting bored of the UI/overall look that comes with smarters. Just added something different would be great.

Shame that's the only option though.

I've heard there is a modified sly version of smarters. I've seen them on other boxes before but never seen a smarters version.

Is it true you can get a sly looking smarters app?
The rebranded app as said is just smarters or XC and are just normally supplier oriented, I’d recommend premium Tivimate it’s great that’s assuming you have a supplier that’s willing to let you use it.

Most apps are rebranded by rebranders which then they sell on to providers.
So in theory you need to find a provider who has say a sky smarters a fast and furious smarters etc.
It’s only the login and splash and background changed

There's plenty of discussions on here which is the best app, as @bronx998 said tivimate is great, or IMPlayer is good, but you need the login details to use these apps, plenty of others to try aswell.

Most apps can be modified, and your probably best to try stay away from any apps that are sly branded (sly glass), big reason for suppliers to grab these apps are to make it easier for user and to hide dns, my opinion implayer/tivimate are best around, implayer wins due to management code function, which means no user/pass or dns provided just code provided to setup account.

So it is possible to mod it ourselves hmm that is interesting. also thanks for the recommendations on the other apps that are available I will be sure to check those ones out. Like I said looking at the same menu or UI constantly kind of gets boring

Most apps can be modified, and your probably best to try stay away from any apps that are sly branded (sly glass), big reason for suppliers to grab these apps are to make it easier for user and to hide dns, my opinion implayer/tivimate are best around, implayer wins due to management code function, which means no user/pass or dns provided just code provided to setup account.
that official implayer

So it is possible to mod it ourselves hmm that is interesting. also thanks for the recommendations on the other apps that are available I will be sure to check those ones out. Like I said looking at the same menu or UI constantly kind of gets boring
technically yes if you have to skills to disassemble android apps, most suppliers pay somebody for their services , who know how to do it.

Most of these apps are about £25-£50 to get from someone that does custom Apps but this is normally for a seller or reseller to purchase to hand out to end user.

Performance is a big deal for me especially on a fire stick. A nice interface for navigating between channels is a bonus. Tivimate works well for both in my experience.

Back