motorized dish setup now need some pointers

trigger2204

i have finally got my dish setup and have a euro line i have scanned 19.2 and 28.2 and 23.5 i can get a lot of the channels but would like to know which is the best image to use and is there anything that i can use to put them into order i am using wooshbuild v5 and have tried the auto boquets route and the channels seem to be all over the place. any help or pointers would be most greatful. cheers in advance.

Star-2S or H.2S? ... did you need to do anything to it to get it working? ... change of power supply etc.? ... what motor / dish size and lnb combo?

How did you scan in the channels? ... didn't think there was a blind scan option on the zgemma.

There's some plugins available for euro sats ... Vhannibal channel list I think it's called.

star 2-s i spent 3 days trying to align it properly not needed to get anything extra to get it going, 80cm dish from fleabay with darkmotor it was around £60 and i have a universal quad lnb there is a service searching function on wooshbuild v5 use that and i can get most of the channels. i will give vhannibal a try now cheers buddy

I tried hooking my 1.1m motorised dish to my H2.H when I fitted it but it wouldn't drive it - kept losing power so instead of throwing more money at it investigating why it wouldn't work, I just got another receiver so never really looking into it much after that but it still intrigues me.

I think I also installed that vhannibal channel list on mine too when I was messing with it and it made the user interface a bit too messy / complicated with all the extra bouquets on there so that's another reason why I decided to go for the secondary box so as to leave the zgemma alone with normal uk channels for everyday use.

Let us know how you get on.

I tried hooking my 1.1m motorised dish to my H2.H when I fitted it but it wouldn't drive it - kept losing power so instead of throwing more money at it investigating why it wouldn't work, I just got another receiver so never really looking into it much after that but it still intrigues me.

I think I also installed that vhannibal channel list on mine too when I was messing with it and it made the user interface a bit too messy / complicated with all the extra bouquets on there so that's another reason why I decided to go for the secondary box so as to leave the zgemma alone with normal uk channels for everyday use.

Let us know how you get on.
Got that on there now mate and all seems good it did mess up the 28.2 e but just run the 28.2e auto bouquets plugin and alls good. Now just need to workout how to watch them without upsetting my boys who will just be on 28.2 have ordered one of them multi lnb holders hope it's easy enough to sort out lol. Don't wanna spend another 3 days on that. Do you know is sky italia the same as sky U.K. With the encryption?

Got that on there now mate and all seems good it did mess up the 28.2 e but just run the 28.2e auto bouquets plugin and alls good. Now just need to workout how to watch them without upsetting my boys who will just be on 28.2 have ordered one of them multi lnb holders hope it's easy enough to sort out lol. Don't wanna spend another 3 days on that. Do you know is sky italia the same as sky U.K. With the encryption?
Yes sky italia is the same as sky UK, but you can get the sky german channels,
I wouldn't recommend putting multi lnbs on a motorized dish, it would be very confusing & you coudn't move the dish if someone was watching 28E, it would better to have fixed dish just for 28E.

Last edited:
I have a sky minidish on the wall as well as my motorised one - that way i've always got a permanent 28.2 feed.

I have a sky minidish on the wall as well as my motorised one - that way i've always got a permanent 28.2 feed.
Snap! the way to go, always have a backup, the more the better. I have 3 and one to play with'

Reactions: ste
Got that on there now mate and all seems good it did mess up the 28.2 e but just run the 28.2e auto bouquets plugin and alls good. Now just need to workout how to watch them without upsetting

my boys who will just be on 28.2 have ordered one of them multi lnb holders hope it's easy enough to sort out lol. Don't wanna spend another 3 days on that. Do you know is sky italia the same as sky U.K. With the encryption?

Yes sky italia is the same as sky UK, but you can get the sky german channels,
I wouldn't recommend putting multi lnbs on a motorized dish, it would be very confusing & you coudn't move the dish if someone was watching 28E, it would better to have fixed dish just for 28E.

I have a s*y minidish and LNB that is for the taking if anyone wants it,

Thanks mate ill take it if thats ok :)

you're welcome,
just a standard S*y dual lnb though, but , Im sure I have a quad and a quattro too,
I deffo have a quattro as I thought it would fit my multi, but it didnt as it was only 32mm [or is it 38mm? ]
actually, thinking, its a quattro on dish, but I do have a dual [I think, pretty sure, and a quad in loft]
are you nearby then, ?
seeing as you even know the road. lol.

Put another lnb on your sky dish so you can use 19e too. it fits just to tge right of 28.2e and works very well. Very handy for the German and spanish for the wife whilst you can still use the motorised for the football etc or simply for recording purposes

Attachments

• IMG_20170724_184426137.jpg
    IMG_20170724_184426137.jpg
    321.7 KB · Views: 52
Back