Mounting a NAS drive for recording- not working (?)

I use nfs to watch from my main hdd inside my duo2 all ok with my lx2 as well either way .
but I cannot get my zgemma to work from either of these boxes ..
i assume it's due to being a patched image ....?
thats my experience pal .

Just to let you guys know, I am still using the settings in my post 4 on this thread, to connect to my NAS (using a Vix image).

I am currently connected to a buffalo linkstation pro.

I haven't done anything special on the NAS. Just created a dedicated share for the Zgemma recordings, given read/write permissions to a user account (created on the NAS).

For me, issue was not having the correct 'mount options' set. The defaults did not work for me. Provided the other settings are correct, it is normally the mount options that cause 'disk full'/' cannot write to drive' errors.

I have also set this up using a Vu Solo2 (vix) and a Zyxel NAS enclosure. Same settings as mine and it works on there too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just to let you guys know, I am still using the settings in my post 4 on this thread, to connect to my NAS (using a Vix image).

I am currently connected to a buffalo linkstation pro.

I haven't done anything special on the NAS. Just created a dedicated share for the Zgemma recordings, given read/write permissions to a user account (created on the NAS).

For me, issue was not having the correct 'mount options' set. The defaults did not work for me. Provided the other settings are correct, it is normally the mount options that cause 'disk full'/' cannot write to drive' errors.

I have also set this up using a Vu Solo2 (vix) and a Zyxel NAS enclosure. Same settings as mine and it works on there too.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hiya pal,

I have a Zyxel 325 NAS drive and would like to try this. Do you have any step by step instructions to set this up? Setting up a share isn't a problem but how do you mount?

Great post kudos for the help

Used the settings on a zgemma running Vix and a Mini VuDuo running openpli 3.

I set them both to record to the same location on my NAS so im able to watch the recordings on either boxes which is great

Just 1 thing is that if I delete a recording on any of the boxes it doesnt delete on the NAS. Does anyone know a solution for this

The NAS im using is a Seagate Personal Cloud

Last edited:
Great post

Just 1 thing is that if I delete a recording on any of the boxes it doesnt delete on the NAS. Does anyone know a solution for this

The NAS im using is a Seagate Personal Cloud

When you say it doesn't delete off the NAS, are you saying the 'free space' on the NAS doesn't seem to reduce, or is it if you browse the directory on the NAS itself, the recorded file is still in the same location? Does it show to be deleted on the recordings list on the sat box?

If it's the first, then you may need to turn on ' Clean network trash cans'. This is found by going to your recordings on your sat box and then pressing Menu. You'd need to adjust the first three options as required.

Most NAS drives also have network recycling bins. You may have to either disable this or set it to clean after X number of days via the NAS interface.

Yes it still appears in the folder on the NAS after its deleted from the deleted items folder

I'll check my settings

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 05:56 PM ----------

If it's the first, then you may need to turn on ' Clean network trash cans'. This is found by going to your recordings on your sat box and then pressing Menu. You'd need to adjust the first three options as required.

Changed the setting its working now

Thanks Again

NAS Working

Now that the NAS is working with you expert help, can we now connect YouView box to use as external drive and server.
I can see the device in my network, but will not expand.
I've tried using same settings as for NAS without success.
Has anyone managed to connect this or other devices to Zgemma H.2s?

Burlesy

Thanks for the TUT, I've already set it up browsing through this forum, it helped to check.
The next step for me is to try and get my YouView stb to use on my network as a server.
I am unable to log on to the YV via ftp (user/password unknown), but can see it in network devices on Zgemma, although it will not expand.
I just wondered if anyone else has had any success with this approach.
BTW there's no help on YV forum, they say no ftp access is available. I don't see why, but that's how I am.

Give me the low down on these youview boxes so I can understand.
what is it? - from the brief search I just done It is a free view box & FTP isn't available on it?
Why do you want to integrate it with your zgemma? Is it your main box you use ? does it contain a storage device which you want to record from your zgemma and store on the yvbox?
Tell me what you want to accomplish.

Hi, lads,
I have a Lenovo iomega NAS system and Zgemma v2 box.I have followed the instructions here but keep getting the error disc full when trying to record, any ideas?

Any help gratefully recieved............

Stock

Back