Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

I'm not convinced that this is a problem with MovieOrganisor to be fair. I'm wondering if something changed in ViX at some point :unsure:
Afaik MovieOrgan9isor IS removing the NEW from filenames but it doesn't remove it from the ts.meta file which is what ViX uses to display the filename in Movie Player. (I think).

I use MovieOrganisor to catalogue my movie files and set it to remove NEW from the filename.

Movie Selection shows the files like this:

View attachment 89495

But the filename is like this:

View attachment 89496

and the ts.meta file includes the NEW on line 2

View attachment 89497

I've been hoping someone with more brains than me could have a look and sort it out View attachment 89498

I've been using a per folder script, but ideally I would like a recursive version that would rename it in all the sub-directories of my RECORDINGS folder but I con't know how to do it View attachment 89499

Code:
sed -i 's/New: //g' /media/autofs/RECORDINGS/Monsterquest/*.ts.meta
grog and I on openatv7.2 but yes same problem

I'm not convinced that this is a problem with MovieOrganisor to be fair. I'm wondering if something changed in ViX at some point :unsure:
Afaik MovieOrganisor IS removing the NEW from filenames but it doesn't remove it from the ts.meta file which is what ViX uses to display the filename in Movie Player. (I think).

I use MovieOrganisor to catalogue my movie files and set it to remove NEW from the filename.

Movie Selection shows the files like this:

View attachment 89495

But the filename is like this:

View attachment 89496

and the ts.meta file includes the NEW on line 2

View attachment 89497

I've been hoping someone with more brains than me could have a look and sort it out View attachment 89498

I've been using a per folder script, but ideally I would like a recursive version that would rename it in all the sub-directories of my RECORDINGS folder but I con't know how to do it View attachment 89499

Code:
sed -i 's/New: //g' /media/autofs/RECORDINGS/Monsterquest/*.ts.meta
Something like this

Cd directory

sed -i 's/New//g' *.ts

You could use find aswel

Edit

find ./ -type f | xargs sed -i 's/user_/admin_/g'

2 Bash commands to change strings in multiple files at once

Last edited:
I just had a look at an old folder of recordings.

The folder name is 'Professor T' but all filenames do begin with 'New' but as I've just updated ATV I can't remember if I had the plugin set to remove the 'New' from the filename set, it is set to no by default. Professor T was recorded while using ATV 6.4

I've just flashed ATV 6.4 to test it. ....... God forgive me, it was for academic purposes behindsofa.gif
The files are still showing the NEW prefix so must be picking it up from the ts.meta or eit file.

.... I deleted the eit file and still showing NEW so must be picking up the displayed filename from the ts.meta.

I've just flashed ATV 6.4 to test it. ....... God forgive me, it was for academic purposes View attachment 89504
The files are still showing the NEW prefix so must be picking it up from the ts.meta or eit file.

.... I deleted the eit file and still showing NEW so must be picking up the displayed filename from the ts.meta.
its not picking new from ts.meta that is in filename try ftp program or windows explorer to see correct file names

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    79.7 KB · Views: 3
its not picking new from ts.meta that is in filename try ftp program or windows explorer to see correct file names
it is, I just removed New from filename and in file list it still shows New:. Removed 'New:' meta file and its removed in file list.

Will need to look at code when get chance

OK fixed to remove New: from the meta files, thanks to @Willo3092 for testing and creating the ipk for me. I have updated the link in the first post of this thread.

Can someone, @urie (lol)? open the plugin on their box and see if it gives you option to update the plugin using the blue button, and if so does the update work? it should update from 3.60 to 3.80

Not sure that the update routine will work on atv 6.4 atm but double checking it now

OK fixed to remove New: from the meta files, thanks to @Willo3092 for testing and creating the ipk for me. I have updated the link in the first post of this thread.

Can someone, @urie (lol)? open the plugin on their box and see if it gives you option to update the plugin using the blue button, and if so does the update work? it should update from 3.60 to 3.80

Not sure that the update routine will work on atv 6.4 atm but double checking it now
Yes plugin updated to version 3.80 on openatv 7.2 but ran plugin still have NEW: on some files this may be but filenames are as 20221127 2100 - QUEST HD - New_ The Repair Shop

this is only on these files recorded from QUEST HD all others are ok.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    451.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture3.PNG
    Capture3.PNG
    18.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Yes plugin updated to version 3.80 on openatv 7.2 but ran plugin still have NEW: on some files this may be but filenames are as 20221127 2100 - QUEST HD - New_ The Repair Shop
It only renames them as they are moved into the program folder, so pre existing recordings won't be renamed unless you move them out of the program folder and then run the plugin. ie move the contents of the /media/hdd/movie/the repair shop folder back to /media/hdd/movie and then run the plugin either by pressing yellow button in the plugin or wait for it to run autormatically

Updates via the plugin won't work properly using the blue button in the plugin for ATV 6.4 users so ATV 6.4 users will need to uninstall the plugin and then use the ipk in post 1 to reinstall it (if this issue is bugging them)

@grog68 , I did not know that it did not rename when in folders that would explain thanks.
its only because it removes the New when the recording has finished and then moves into the folder if required. If it checked every recording every time it ran it could drastically low the box down while it's doing it.

Back