Movie Organisor plugin - organise your series recordings into folders

its only because it removes the New when the recording has finished and then moves into the folder if required. If it checked every recording every time it ran it could drastically low the box down while it's doing it.
Hey no worries , now I understand now to try and sort my files out tried manually copying files with NEW via windows explorer into main movies folder then ran plugin still showing NEW in repair shop folder how do I get rid of bookmarks exanple I have selected file to move and I have two media folders.
example:
need some help here from some of you more expierienced guys not good with bookmarks on enigma2 I thought I had removed bookmark for media/hdd/movie :LOL:

Attachments

• folder.jpg
    folder.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Hey no worries , now I understand now to try and sort my files out tried manually copying files with NEW via windows explorer into main movies folder then ran plugin still showing NEW in repair shop folder :LOL:

I suspect that the 'update plugin' feature might have the wrong plugin.py if it just updates that file ! puzzled.gif
I tried earlier and it didn't work and I also lost the image in Plugin Browser.
Try a full uninstall and then remove the folder from the extensions folder and install the full ipk file.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-movieorganisor_3.80_all.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 15
I suspect that the 'update plugin' feature might have the wrong plugin.py if it just updates that file View attachment 89562
Try a full uninstall and then remove the folder from the extensions folder and install the full ipk file.
cheers no problem with image in plugin browser will uninstall and give feedback ps just went to unistall old version name (3.60) still in plugins but that is nothing :smiley:

I suspect that the 'update plugin' feature might have the wrong plugin.py if it just updates that file View attachment 89562
It does just update the plugin.py file, I just checked the file on the server and it is the right one, I did it myself earler. The plugin should say which version it is, if 3.80 then it should be OK. Unless I have really messed up somewhere lol

Maybe best just to uninstall and then install the ipk

OK @grog68 and @Willo3092 I have uninstalled and checked no remnants left it usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions will now reinstall.
just on a side line any of you heard of sayings many hands make lite work and to many chiefs and not enough indians.

Just me thats what I love about forums hopefully everyone out to help and learn and pass on information :smiley:

I use movie browser you can update and get info about movies/series online

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-moviebrowser_3.6rc2_mips32el.ipk.rar
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
Ok Guys I manually copied all files from repair shop folder to root movie folder i,e, media/hdd/movie and ran movie organiser and and all the repair shop videos were added into folder and now not with NEW: in name well done

Last edited:
I use movie browser you can update and get info about movies/series online
totally different thing mate we are talking movie organiser one of the best plugins for just organising your downloaded video files runs in the background not everyone needs info and posters, Movie browser as far as I know is still in development well it is in plugins but rc version had to be converted for python 3.xx tried it once that was it took for ages just to try and catalog my movies and series folders perhaps it has got better :smiley:

totally different thing mate we are talking movie organiser one of the best plugins for just organising your downloaded video files runs in the background not everyone needs info and posters, Movie browser as far as I know is still in development well it is in plugins but rc version had to be converted for python 3.xx tried it once that was it took for ages just to try and catalog my movies and series folders perhaps it has got better :smiley:
it seems to run ok on mine , just thought it might help
cheers

Hi, I have updated my Octagon SF8008 to vix 6.4 and installed ipk ok but when trying to run get a crash, Can't seem to suss it, thought it might be my IPTV stream recordings but have eliminated that. Crash report attached if anyone could shed any light?

Attachments

• Enigma2_crash_2023-06-20_13-17-21.zip
    9.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi, I have updated my Octagon SF8008 to vix 6.4 and installed ipk ok but when trying to run get a crash, Can't seem to suss it, thought it might be my IPTV stream recordings but have eliminated that. Crash report attached if anyone could shed any light?
It looks like the plug crashed when it got to the recording of the Wolves game which looks like was aa IPTV stream.

It should work with streams but to be fair I've not looked at the plugin for a long time now. I don't know if the Issue was caused by the [ ] in the stream name or something else as the code shows it crashed when splitting the file name.
Once you have watched the stream, can you delete it and then re run the plugin to see if it crashes again? if not then try recording another stream and see if that causes the same issue, one without [ ] in the name

Grog

It looks like the plug crashed when it got to the recording of the Wolves game which looks like was aa IPTV stream.

It should work with streams but to be fair I've not looked at the plugin for a long time now. I don't know if the Issue was caused by the [ ] in the stream name or something else as the code shows it crashed when splitting the file name.
Once you have watched the stream, can you delete it and then re run the plugin to see if it crashes again? if not then try recording another stream and see if that causes the same issue, one without [ ] in the name

Grog
Cheers, will remove all the streams and re-run ;-)

@Grog gettng crash on latest version openatv7.3

Code:
08:20:46.2197 Traceback (most recent call last):
08:20:46.2198   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 276, in action
08:20:46.2225   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 496, in keySaveandGo
08:20:46.2249     domovieorganisation()
08:20:46.2251   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 111, in domovieorganisation
08:20:46.2257     seriesname = name1.split(" - ", 2)[1]
08:20:46.2262                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^
08:20:46.2263 IndexError: list index out of range
08:20:46.2264 [ePyObject] (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap object at 0xa05b19d0>>,('ColorActions', 'yellow')) failed)

@Grog gettng crash on latest version openatv7.3

Code:
08:20:46.2197 Traceback (most recent call last):
08:20:46.2198   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/ActionMap.py", line 276, in action
08:20:46.2225   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 496, in keySaveandGo
08:20:46.2249     domovieorganisation()
08:20:46.2251   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/MovieOrganisor/plugin.py", line 111, in domovieorganisation
08:20:46.2257     seriesname = name1.split(" - ", 2)[1]
08:20:46.2262                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^^^
08:20:46.2263 IndexError: list index out of range
08:20:46.2264 [ePyObject] (PyObject_CallObject(<bound method ActionMap.action of <Components.ActionMap.ActionMap object at 0xa05b19d0>>,('ColorActions', 'yellow')) failed)
Can you paste a screen shot of your recoordings list please?

I have archived the images
uck me, you got enough recordings LOL
Did this error happen after you updated ATV or after you recorded/downloaded something? If it's after a new recording, what was the recording of? and if you can can you look at the filenames of that recording

Back