Moving from Sly to Cable H5.2TC

Hi,

I had a Zgemma H2S for sly, and since that has went, I've now ordered a H5.2TC.

I've a few questions, The cable for my VM TV is feed into the garage, is it as simple as just rerouting into the house? I've a path where the satellite enters.

Is there any reason to keep the satellite cable and attach to the new box? What advantages would this get?

I'm not sure what image is used on the new box as I haven't received yet, but are all these images basically the same to set up?

The old H2S box, is this usless now? Can it be used as a decent IPTV player?

Thanks Guys

You can just re-route the cable into the house and use that - yes.

The satellite tuner in it is worth connecting up as it gives you all FTA channels that aren't FTA on cable - cable will only get you the SD versions of 1-5 without a line.

I use Wooshbuild on my H5.2TC and it's running fine still after a couple of months.

You can add a cable tuner to the H2.S for about £25-£30

You should be able just to reroute the cable.

I have FTA and cable on my h2h but on my h5.2tc I just use cable alone, sat tuner is disabled.

Check the download section, and read the build info to get an idea of what each does.

I use my h2s as a 'multi room' box, you can link it to your h5.2tc over the network and it can then use a cable tuner on the h5.2tc if one is spare. Otherwise yes IPTV works fine on the H2S

You can just re-route the cable into the house and use that - yes.

The satellite tuner in it is worth connecting up as it gives you all FTA channels that aren't FTA on cable - cable will only get you the SD versions of 1-5 without a line.

I use Wooshbuild on my H5.2TC and it's running fine still after a couple of months.

You can add a cable tuner to the H2.S for about £25-£30

The box comes set up so will just use whatever build is already on it as I don't want to mess up any of the settings etc. Is there a way to set it up so Channels 1-5 come the the Satellite and the rest from cable?

You should be able just to reroute the cable.

I have FTA and cable on my h2h but on my h5.2tc I just use cable alone, sat tuner is disabled.

Check the download section, and read the build info to get an idea of what each does.

I use my h2s as a 'multi room' box, you can link it to your h5.2tc over the network and it can then use a cable tuner on the h5.2tc if one is spare. Otherwise yes IPTV works fine on the H2S

Any info on how to set up the H2S as a multi-room box? Never thought about this.

Any info on how to set up the H2S as a multi-room box? Never thought about this.
On the h2s install channels importer plugin and then just enter the ip of your h5.2tc and a few settings in the plugin, obviously if both cable tuners on the h5.2tc are being used, ie one being watched and other recording then you can't use the h2s as multiroom until one becomes free

On the h2s install channels importer plugin and then just enter the ip of your h5.2tc and a few settings in the plugin, obviously if both cable tuners on the h5.2tc are being used, ie one being watched and other recording then you can't use the h2s as multiroom until one becomes free
Does that work for any E2 box,?
I have an edision mini sat box at minute and am looking to get a cable box as well, so would be good if I could use a spare cable tuner on the H5.2 via my edision.
This may make my choice of cable box a bit simpler.

I assume so, I've only done it on zgemma, just check if it's in the downloadable plugins list, not sure if it's a recent addition to ATV, think vix has same or similar

I assume so, I've only done it on zgemma, just check if it's in the downloadable plugins list, not sure if it's a recent addition to ATV, think vix has same or similar
Mega,
I'll check tonight,
I thought I was on Vix, but I'm using Whoosh, which is ATV, isn't it,?

yes, by h2s has wb5 installed, it is atv. In downloadable plugins you will find the plugin. it can take a few minutes to populate the epg but it does get there in the end.

yes, by h2s has wb5 installed, it is atv. In downloadable plugins you will find the plugin. it can take a few minutes to populate the epg but it does get there in the end.
Brilliant,
So, in the space of 12 hours I've went from spending £40 on an Amiko to near £100 on an H5.2 :grimacing:

OK, well, just looked, I don't have a channels importer plugin,
And, when my box boots, it says OPENVIX, then boots into Whoosh 5
Now I'm confused, do I have openvix, or ATV whoosh ,?
Its definitely whoosh I'm using, so does it just run ATV on top of vix, but without the ATV plugins,????

Channels Importer will be in plugins green to download plugins, systemplugins, channelsimporter when downloaded and rebooted it will come up in service searching.

For when it boots how did you flash wooshbuild? Its likely you was using vix and flashed with imagemanager and flashing that way wont effect the splash.bin the initial boot screen.

Channels Importer will be in plugins green to download plugins, systemplugins, channelsimporter when downloaded and rebooted it will come up in service searching.

For when it boots how did you flash wooshbuild? Its likely you was using vix and flashed with imagemanager and flashing that way wont effect the splash.bin the initial boot screen.

Thanks,
Found it,
So I get an H5.2 and give it a static IP and enter that into channel importer,?
Sounds a really good way to get cable multiroom into the shed/workshop/cave, and put the F5 into kids room for cartoons etc.
Yes, I was using Vix and flashed whoosh base from USB.

Back