Moving from Sly to Cable H5.2TC

Thanks,
Found it,
So I get an H5.2 and give it a static IP and enter that into channel importer,?
Sounds a really good way to get cable multiroom into the shed/workshop/cave, and put the F5 into kids room for cartoons etc.
Yes, I was using Vix and flashed whoosh base from USB.

Yes, or I think you can use the hostname ie zgemmah52tc instead of IP address

Yes, or I think you can use the hostname ie zgemmah52tc instead of IP address
OK grog, you've convinced me to spend an extra 60£,,,,,
Its the watch the cable on another box that has sold it to me tbh, other than that it would have been the cheap and cheerful Amiko most likely, you should make that more widely known, its a big deal breaker.

OK grog, you've convinced me to spend an extra 60£,,,,,
Its the watch the cable on another box that has sold it to me tbh, other than that it would have been the cheap and cheerful Amiko most likely, you should make that more widely known, its a big deal breaker.
It does work a treat Grog told me how to do it as I had a couple of H2s in my bedrooms the only thing you need to be careful of is if you turn your router off the IP address can change on the H5.2tc and it means inputting the new IP into h2s again which is no biggy

It does work a treat Grog told me how to do it as I had a couple of H2s in my bedrooms the only thing you need to be careful of is if you turn your router off the IP address can change on the H5.2tc and it means inputting the new IP into h2s again which is no biggy
Most of my kit has fixed IPs,
I have a Fnas and CCTV and that I need to access outside the network (static IP)
its only the kids stuff that has dhcp , cos I have everything after .50 choked on speed, :grin:

Got the box yesterday and got it all set up relatively straight forward. Routing the cable from the garage didn't go as smooth as I hoped!

Anyway all up and running, and seems ok, haven't really got a chance to play about with it. It's running VIX, think I read that's a patched imaged or something? Also using Skly skin.

Few questions you guys might be able to help with.

When I press EPG, I only get the Genre of the channel I'm in e.g. "Sports" is there a way to cycle through these? If I press up or down while watching a program I get a list of Genres, however this is no "All Channels" Is this down to my subscription or is there a fix?

Is there a way to swap channel numbers to sky numbers I.e 401 for sky sports, or is this just something I'll have to get used to?

Think I can remember how to get channel numbers on inforbar.

Any other settings you guys recommend changing, or is this personal preference?

Going to try and set up the H2H as a Multiroom Receiver, had trouble downloading plugins before, is this worth re-flashing to a fresh image?
And is there instructions to set a static IP address?

Thanks Guys, I realise there is a lot of questions there, but no doubt there are a lot of people in the same boat.

Use the Previous and Next buttons on remote (either side of the 0 button) to scroll through genres on EPG.

The "All Channels" is just a setting in Autobouquetsmaker - you need to change the config so generate main bouquet is set to YES.

Swapping channel numbers isn't possible as there's nowhere near the same amount of channels on cable as there is compared to satellite.

Use the Previous and Next buttons on remote (either side of the 0 button) to scroll through genres on EPG.

The "All Channels" is just a setting in Autobouquetsmaker - you need to change the config so generate main bouquet is set to YES.

Swapping channel numbers isn't possible as there's nowhere near the same amount of channels on cable as there is compared to satellite.

Thanks for the info :grin: Big Help

You can just re-route the cable into the house and use that - yes.

The satellite tuner in it is worth connecting up as it gives you all FTA channels that aren't FTA on cable - cable will only get you the SD versions of 1-5 without a line.

I use Wooshbuild on my H5.2TC and it's running fine still after a couple of months.

You can add a cable tuner to the H2.S for about £25-£30
Where is this tuner available from?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just to make sure, unsolder the sat connection and solder this cable connection in its place?

Will any drivers need to be installed?

i would say that faulty tuner is a swap like cable to cable or sat to sat and not a change over.

get a proper cable box before crap hits the fan.

On the h2s install channels importer plugin and then just enter the ip of your h5.2tc and a few settings in the plugin, obviously if both cable tuners on the h5.2tc are being used, ie one being watched and other recording then you can't use the h2s as multiroom until one becomes free
What cabling is required between the 2 boxes? Currently got a 2S so will that work with a H5.2tc?

Got the box yesterday and got it all set up relatively straight forward. Routing the cable from the garage didn't go as smooth as I hoped!

Anyway all up and running, and seems ok, haven't really got a chance to play about with it. It's running VIX, think I read that's a patched imaged or something? Also using Skly skin.

Few questions you guys might be able to help with.

When I press EPG, I only get the Genre of the channel I'm in e.g. "Sports" is there a way to cycle through these? If I press up or down while watching a program I get a list of Genres, however this is no "All Channels" Is this down to my subscription or is there a fix?

Is there a way to swap channel numbers to sky numbers I.e 401 for sky sports, or is this just something I'll have to get used to?

Think I can remember how to get channel numbers on inforbar.

Any other settings you guys recommend changing, or is this personal preference?

Going to try and set up the H2H as a Multiroom Receiver, had trouble downloading plugins before, is this worth re-flashing to a fresh image?
And is there instructions to set a static IP address?

Thanks Guys, I realise there is a lot of questions there, but no doubt there are a lot of people in the same boat.

if your box gives issues remove that skin as not compatible with openvix

Back