Multi lnb 65cm dish UK

I just think the physical spacing isn't there at the focal point on a 65cm dish,
Some channels are watchable on all three SATs, just not all at a decent level,
I won't miss what I haven't had, so no 23 but gaining 19 (and maybe 13 ) is still an improvement.
I'll drop out 23 at the weekend and see if moving 28 in a little helps improve it,

Sorry to hear you're having problems, yes 13E might be better, you could center the dsh around 20E & see what the signals are like.
I just used the channel editor on the V8s & put the available C.S. channels in order at the start of each Sat list, (Sports, Film, TV, Kids, Documentary, Music, Adult), i kept the Fav list for 28E, if you had a similar box i could a list for those 3 sats.
Is an F5 similar,?
That's my box in the shed/workshop/mancave , so will actually be the one most used for the other SATs I'd think, the various sports channels etc,
The missus just tends to watch what she watches through habit, and no good to her if not in English, lol.

You fitting it in a pub? :grin:
No mate,
Its my house, but for freesat in the bedrooms, and an edision in the LR and as above, I have an F5 in the workshop, although that's like a pub most weekends, :xd: :dying: :dead:

Is an F5 similar,?
That's my box in the shed/workshop/mancave , so will actually be the one most used for the other SATs I'd think, the various sports channels etc,
The missus just tends to watch what she watches through habit, and no good to her if not in English, lol.
So will the f5 be connected to all 3 sats or just 19E & 13E

So will the f5 be connected to all 3 sats or just 19E & 13E
It will be on all 3, atm its just on 28, as I haven't had chance to scan anything else as I wanted to get dish sorted first,
Then concentrate on getting channel lists sorted out.

It will be on all 3, atm its just on 28, as I haven't had chance to scan anything else as I wanted to get dish sorted first,
Then concentrate on getting channel lists sorted out.
I can delete the other sat channel lists on my own multi sat list & leave those 3 sats, the 28E list is my own list so it would be different than you are used to & you would have to keep them updated yourself.
It should load on the F5 but there's always a small chance it could brick the box, let me know if you want me to do this.

I can delete the other sat channel lists on my own multi sat list & leave those 3 sats, the 28E list is my own list so it would be different than you are used to & you would have to keep them updated yourself.
It should load on the F5 but there's always a small chance it could brick the box, let me know if you want me to do this.
That would be much appreciated please Mike, at least then I would have a starting point, atm I have about 800+ channels on the edision to go through, :mad:
28 has its own bouquet, but the rest are all over the place, I'm not very tech savvy, I'm OK with hardware side, but the 'programming' side is alien to me.

I might make a start on it tomorrow, at least you will know which channels are gettable, (13E has over 1400 channels & only about 80 are watchable),
That's great, will be a big help, thank you,
No panic, it will be Sunday before I get chance to do dish anyway, working until then this week. Even next week will be time enough by the time I get it all sorted.
Will even help me delete all the irrelevant channels from the edision too.

No panic, it will be Sunday before I get chance to do dish anyway, working until then this week. Even next week will be time enough by the time I get it all sorted.
Thats fine I'll pm you when it's ready,
Goodnight

thanks Mike

I'm now thinking, this is why I got the issue I did in post #34

as an addendum,
once I get this all sorted, if anyone is interested, I'll try and do a totally non technical sort of guide as to how to do it,
and, if I get the pictures off my phone and onto the laptop, I still have no idea how to put a picture on from my phone, :confused:

Last edited:
OK, so a strange one now,
I finally got round to getting my F5 tuned in,
my edision in the house has BT2 (28e) on about 40% snr (and constantly breaking up) and M.MOTOGPHD (19e) on about 60% (very watchable) , my F5 is about another 20m away in the shed, and has BT2 on 60-70% and M.MOTOGPHD on 10% signal quality
both wired in exactly the same cable,,,,,,
I'm going to swap the boxes over and see if its a box issue, or a cable issue, if it looks like cable, then I'll swap over the LNB connections, as they are on 2 different Diseqc switches,
as a reminder,
I have 28e on a quattro going to a multiswitch, then to port 1 of 2 x diseqc switches, I have 19e on a twin going to port 2 on the diseqc switches, the edision outputs from one diseqc, the F5 from the other,
it just seems strange that each box is almost the opposite signal quality of the other,,,,,,,
I dont know what other channels are like, I dont watch much else,,,,, :confused:

OK, so a strange one now,
I finally got round to getting my F5 tuned in,
my edision in the house has BT2 (28e) on about 40% snr (and constantly breaking up) and M.MOTOGPHD (19e) on about 60% (very watchable) , my F5 is about another 20m away in the shed, and has BT2 on 60-70% and M.MOTOGPHD on 10% signal quality
both wired in exactly the same cable,,,,,,
I'm going to swap the boxes over and see if its a box issue, or a cable issue, if it looks like cable, then I'll swap over the LNB connections, as they are on 2 different Diseqc switches,
as a reminder,
I have 28e on a quattro going to a multiswitch, then to port 1 of 2 x diseqc switches, I have 19e on a twin going to port 2 on the diseqc switches, the edision outputs from one diseqc, the F5 from the other,
it just seems strange that each box is almost the opposite signal quality of the other,,,,,,,
I dont know what other channels are like, I dont watch much else,,,,, :confused:
I've never used diseqc switches but it's more likely to be the switching setup than the boxes or cable,
all I could suggest is to connect both receivers in turn directly to each lnb and take a note of the signal levels on some channels, (H & V, Low & High frequency), then you would know what signal levels you should be getting through the switches on each box.

I've never used diseqc switches but it's more likely to be the switching setup than the boxes or cable,
all I could suggest is to connect both receivers in turn directly to each lnb and take a note of the signal levels on some channels, (H & V, Low & High frequency), then you would know what signal levels you should be getting through the switches on each box.
Its raining here now, so hopefully tomorrow,
And I'll change my LNBs to 28 19 and 13, many thanks for the channel list btw, will get that on tomorrow too,
Yes, I could simply swap the outputs on the switches, they are in the loft, so an easy swap over, see if anything changes.

OK, so I dropped out 23 , and added 13,
28 and 19 on 65-85% and 13 about 60-65%
There defnately isn't enough spacing to get 23 in, its just too close to 28 and 19 on a 65cm dish.
Must get on the laptop and try and upload some pictures

not great pix,
old dish
new dish
28 23 19 hopefully you can see how they actually touch,,,,,
28 19 13 more space
13 19 28 see how close together they are,? no physical space for another lnb between 19 and 28, getting over 70% at this setting, over 80 on some TPs
so, my conclusion would be that in NW England, its not possible to get 23 on a 65cm dish with either 28 or 19, they are just too close together at 5 degrees, 6 degrees seems the limit,

you can also see the prominence of my dish, hence why I was reluctant to go bigger than 65cm, I had to crop the pix, my patio doors are directly below.

old dish.jpg new dish.jpg 28 23 19.jpg 28 19 13.jpg

28 19 13.jpg

Attachments

• 13 19 18.jpg
    13 19 18.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 127
Back