New and really struggling

Seafit

Hello,
I have followed sucmnsee idiots guide word for word on my new Zgemma S2, but still cannot get the line to work. When I go to view scrambled channels after setup, i.e. Sly Movies, the screen freezes and the channels wont come on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, PLEASE!!

No, I'm going to have another try later tonight with an OpenATV image and a step by step guide by KiddaC

No you need to unzip it and place the zgemma folder only on usb switch off box using the back power button insert usb in back and switch on using back button

Have you restarted mgcamd after you inserted your linesi have always followed the guide and found it worked perfect

I followed the guide but I had gone into the etc folder to edit the cccam.cfg file, once done you have to go menu>setup>Softcam/ci>softcam manager and the choose ccam.2.3.0 (assuming you are using a c line). Reboot your box and job done.

The initial problem which asked about has been diagnosed to a stupid engineer who has damaged one of my two feeds from my dish!

What line is it and have you put it in correct file cline ccam.cfg nline newcamd.list taking of the N starting with CWS =

It is an Mgcamd line which already begins with CWS=
The supplier says that they can't see me connected. I'm wondering if I have messed up the way I've input it.

so you have edited your newcamd.list with CWS = Line, can I ask does your line have a CWS = keepalive part? If so try removing the keepalive leaving only the long CWS = line and remember to click save top left.
Now restart mgcam 1.38 and see how that goes, hope this helps

In usr/keys you should have newcamd.list with your line in and mg_cfg. What image are you using and where did you get the newcamd.list and mg_cfg from try these mgcam1.38 & newcamd.list & mg_cfg - Downloads - TechKings
If your still struggling later I'll have a look at the newcamd.list for you.
Are you running mgcamd 1.38 and restarting it.

---------- Post Merged at 09:51 AM ----------

Just double checking you haven't changed anything in the mg_cfg file that needs to be left alone

Garyth, I don't have a Keepalive line, just my line from the supplier. Who has assured me that's all I need. I am using OpenATV 5.1, but it is very slow

so you have gone into usr/keys and edited the line and saved it. You should now be able to activate mgcam in soft cams. Then the box should be up and running

Back