New and really struggling

Try my backup if you want it's fast just edit the newcamd.list nothing else restart mgcamd and you should be good to go

use the newcamd.list file from post 17 youll be best of using the mg_cfg from there aswell thats what ive used

---------- Post Merged at 12:18 PM ----------

are you saving it as a .list file not .txt

have you tried using the files ive recommend you could have the wrong mg_cfg file. just edit the details in newcamd.list and ftp both to usr keys they work best as a pair

Last edited:
Ok, I have downloaded the files suggested in post 17. I have ftp'd the files into usr/keys, added my line to the newcamd.list file and saved it.
I have gone into softcams pad and restarted 1.38. Rebooted my box and guess what? still no extra channels
This is driving me nuts - Should I have removed the 2 example lines in the newcamd.list?

aye, delete the whole lot right back to the very first CWS = then your line and reboot mgcam again

if you want my offers still open you can pm me the line originally given by your supplier and your email address i'll see if i can get it working and send you the newcamd.list in a email

no pm recieved you need to click on my user name then pm

---------- Post Merged at 11:33 PM ----------

sorted pm sent happy viewing if you're still struggling let me know something so simple and mentioned a few times

---------- Post Merged on 12-01-2016 at 12:06 AM ----------

seafit with the pms weve had you must have done somthing on your side feel free to use my backup if you still cant get it going http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84043-vix3-2030-zgemma2s.html?highlight= just replace the newcam.list that's already there and restart mgcamd 1.38

Re flashed with the Vix3 image, followed the steps exactly. Much faster and smoother, the epg is full of channel info now. The channel list is full of little strength bars. So far so good, .....BUT all FTA channels working well and all others just have a black screen!
I'm normally technically minded, but I can't believe this is beating me. Is there any chance it could be the line?

Sounds like you're close mate. Done a network test? Rebooted router and box?

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Re flashed with the Vix3 image, followed the steps exactly. Much faster and smoother, the epg is full of channel info now. The channel list is full of little strength bars. So far so good, .....BUT all FTA channels working well and all others just have a black screen!
I'm normally technically minded, but I can't believe this is beating me. Is there any chance it could be the line?

Your using a nline yeah? I'm thinking you could be using mgcam 1.38, try downloading mgcam 1.35 via plugins and give that a bash.
it won't change anything you've done until now just gives you another option on cams, you never know!

Back