New box will not flash on USB

tezowl

Hi,

Could anyone please advise of anyway of flashing a new zgemma s2 box without USB?

I've been trying for the last 3 hours to format a USB stick and adding new firmware plugging it into my my box using different tips from this forum but nothing seems to work. My box just boots up and doesn't seem to recognise my USB.

My last option will be buying a new USB stick but i'd prefer to do it another way if there is one.

what size is your usb and did you buy it off ebay.

what image you on. Vix? OpenAtv?

The only thing that should be on your usb stick is a zgemma folder. Nothing else.

Plug it in the back usb port.

Turn on your zgemma.

If its an image set to force, it will say flsh on display and then flash.

If its set to no force, it will say USB on display, you press the standby button and it will flash.

Once its flashed and says boot on the display, remove your usb stick.

Firstly thanks for your reply.

The USB is 497 mb
Yes it is off ebay
The image pre installed seems to be openatv.
yes the only thing i had on the device was the zgemma file. I formatted the device many times in different ways and using different programmes.

As i say when i put any firmware file onto the usb it just says boot and the counts from 1 - 99. It doesn't say flash, usb or anything. I have tried pressing the standby button on the machine but that does nothing.

Last edited:
ftp it to your box then. Anywhere you like, although var/tmp is a safe option.

Menu...setup...software management... flash online/local

select local

select devices

select internal flash

select tmp (or where ever you put it)

green button to flash.

Are you sure your usb is 497mb... That's very small. You need at least 4gb for general use, like pausing,rewinding, saving epg, swap files etc.
And if you record a few things you will need at least 32gb of external storage whether usb or hdd.

tezowl,
are you sure usb stick is " The USB is 497 mb" or do you mean 497 gig?, as I found 500 gb stick/usb will not work in my S2 best to use a 32 gig max for flashing, just a observation/ thought as to why it might not work
deano

well if it is 512gb, unless you paid several hundred pounds for it, it isn't real, it just a dodgy fake that is probably about 16gb. Once you go over this limit, it will just corrupt and be unusable

Before i do this and break anything. do i just save the zgemma folder that i have been putting onto the usb there?

Yes it is 497mb i was only using it to upload the files and i just want to get it set up. I've ordered a external hard drive to save any future recording onto.

---------- Post Merged at 11:37 PM ----------

Further to this i've tried the ftp way and it say's there isn't enough room on the HDD to do it. So i'll get a better usb and try tomorrow. Failing that i'll wait for the external hard drive to arrive and hope for better results.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Cheers for the help with this yesterday. I've bought a decent memory stick and it worked so that must have been the problem.

Now for the joy of setting it up

If there is a problem with the box recognising the USB for flashing; the USB most likely needs to be formatted using the "HDD low level device format" programme.

Google it and you will find it.

It takes a while to format but works everytime.

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

ftp it to your box then. Anywhere you like, although var/tmp is a safe option.

Menu...setup...software management... flash online/local

select local

select devices

select internal flash

select tmp (or where ever you put it)

green button to flash.

Are you sure your usb is 497mb... That's very small. You need at least 4gb for general use, like pausing,rewinding, saving epg, swap files etc.
And if you record a few things you will need at least 32gb of external storage whether usb or hdd.

can I do this method of flashing on my lx2?

Currently on on openatv and want to go back to vix hades

Can some one help me out here...Zgemma h2s out of box I tried to glad it using whoosh build its now stuck on opens TV 5.1 screen with blue circle going round intermittently and 00 on the front of box...which glicks randomly between channels now and again...have I bricked the box
Cheers in advance

---------- Post Merged at 05:59 PM ----------

forgot to add remote doing absolutely nothing

---------- Post Merged at 06:00 PM ----------

Is there anyway of factory resetting a Zgemma h2s

hi guys tried this and now av bricked me box got red led and stuck on boot any idea how to sort please

---------- Post Merged at 07:37 PM ----------

hi pal tried this and didnt see my usd so did as said in post local flash now am stuck on red led with boot any idea pal

Have you re-formatted the USB stick and tried again?
Have you tried a second USB stick?

Are you sure the folder structure on the USB is right?

zgemma
---------- sh1
---------- 4 or 5 files

H3 means your using the wrong set of flash files, your using the h2s ones which will not work on a 2s

sorted guys thank you was the wrong file am new to this but wot a set up i be donating keep up the good work

Back