New sat box recommends

cactikid

VIP Member
I have been asked to see what would be good to use for a NON 4K box as using a miraclebox mini and missing channels and single sat for 28.2 and using Openvix and to get HD channels :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: as no idea why it is not using the HD channels .

Also asked about a sat tuner and iptv box combined as is using a firestick at the moment.

I have not really looked at the new boxes so dont know the ins and outs with these new models.

If you can add details of how the scanning is being done or whether ABM is being used, maybe the issue on the Miraclebox can be resolved?

He rescanned 28.2 and found 800+ channels ABM does not function as its too old and cannot upgrade.

Main issue was no ITV channels which are in the ALL list of A -Z and can select them working ones to view.

Ch 5 was giving EPG issues which i see is widely posted and also listed as numbers.

Giving him instructions on the phone we could add ITV and others moved into the FTA list as that will keep her happy.

Strange thing is he says their is no favourites section to add your own list that would not be updated if ABM was to run

Go round and set it up for em mate, likley their scanning with wrong settings.

If not and a new box is really required a nice cheap option Amiko Viper Twin it E2 so they would be familiar with it.

Its a long way to Tipperary as her son was down there with the box and his ideas might be to get a newer box just to make life easier.

Yes he asked me to get a few names and to make enquires.

There is only 1 sat 28.2 to scan on and pulled in 800+ channels and can use the all list to view them as bouquets failed years ago along with the lan cable.

Cheers.

To fill in the blanks:
There is an issue with the bouquets created by ABM. An Enigma2 scan is fine. He has a very old Vix image, Vix no longer supports his box, he cannot update ABM.

Flash a recent OpenATV/OpenVision image on it, this will overcome the ABM issue.

Or get hold of a recent ipk of ABM and install it or manually create the bouquets.

Its a long way to Tipperary as her son was down there with the box and his ideas might be to get a newer box just to make life easier.

Yes he asked me to get a few names and to make enquires.

There is only 1 sat 28.2 to scan on and pulled in 800+ channels and can use the all list to view them as bouquets failed years ago along with the lan cable.

Cheers.
Well the Viper Twin is supported by OpenATV,OpenBH and Vix probably more. Not bad for £50

Yes many boxes left in the past , Openvix was handy and i got lost in Open Atv but could advise him as they support loads of boxes but is it all in ENGLISH?

Not sure if he could add an IPK of ABM but he can now add working channels over and box will work for his Mum

Went looking for the Viper and Out of Stock

I did get an invite down to sons house to have a Barbecued rib OMG the size of the beast done on a real fire one for 6 hrs or so .

He is down there for a few days ripping up cement where a copper pipe was laid by cowboys and is leaking.

At the moment just checking what is out there and supported.

Some images drop boxes more than others. So if image is important to you, best to ask which box will have longest support.

Surely your freied can download a file, unzip it, put it on a USB stick, connect it to the receiver and press buttons on remote?

Well, I was looking at getting the box to work better until new box arrives.

Maybe a firestick/android device would be better for IPTV?

They are using a firestick but internet not good in their location i have been told.

They can use the box now as her ITV has been moved and can be viewed and ch 5 so its not dead yet for her but son says look for a more modern one.

I was looking at a technomate but need to read up on any issues that might arrive.

I did get an invite down to sons house to have a Barbecued rib OMG the size of the beast done on a real fire one for 6 hrs or so .

He is down there for a few days ripping up cement where a copper pipe was laid by cowboys and is leaking.

At the moment just checking what is out there and supported.
I'm liking the sound of these ribs of which you speak 😋

Don't allow any copper pipes to come into contact with mortar or concrete, they can be buried in concrete if they are completely wrapped in pvc tape or preferably wrapped in pvc tape and inside a plastic duct as well.
Cement will turn a copper pipe into a mass of holes within a year or two, not a big danger if only carrying water but a much bigger problem if full of gas.

Yes he knows is why is getting it dug up and has the new Qualplex generation which is lagged and suitable in concrete from their well.

Yes best ribs i have ever tasted and must get a photo of them if i get to see them again

Okay what i have found so far shortage of chips and to make an option of a 4k box

Amiko Viper 4k Twin sat and only 1 feed can be used price 86 quid

Octagon SF 8008 4k twin at 109 quid

Vu Zero 89 quid but is an older box but unsure what openvix support is left in years.

Forgot to ask about quality of remotes as i know the on/off on zero is bad.

Hi Guys,
I have Mutant HD51 at present.
When I check the sound information from my Denon amplifier, it tells me input is only stereo not 5.1.
Is there any receiver that can produce a higher sound quality i mean 5.1 or 7.1
Thank you in advance

Can you say the image on the box but are you aware you must set the box to output correct sIgnal to Amp?? Try this, menu, setup. settings, audio video, and look for AC3 and DTS, what does it say?

Back