New sat box recommends

Thank you very much for your reply. My Image is Openvix latest.
When I look for AC3, I got only two options 1) downmix 2) passthrough

Curious what way is it linked up

Satbox to amp via HDMI and out to Tv

Satbox to Tv and optical to input of Amp.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding the Zgemma H11S as they are very happy with fantastic image display and fast functions on button controls and is a good leap forward.

passthrough gives you correct sound but it depends on channel watched as well. I know for a fact BBC1 has the footie in dolby digital and itv has PLii cinema. What's the model of the denon as I have denon as well. And how many speakers?

passthrough gives you correct sound but it depends on channel watched as well. I know for a fact BBC1 has the footie in dolby digital and itv has PLii cinema. What's the model of the denon as I have denon as well. And how many speakers?
I think Denon XR2500 and 5.1 speaker

Can you look closely at the Denon at the front bottom right hand side. if like mine very small print, need exact model. And have you played dvd's that show the correct sound format on the display? I had a look at 2500h manual as 2500 had no hdmi ports. I'll test 6.3 today and are you on 6.3 = latest

Last edited:
Yes when I connected to PlayStation 4 it shows input is 7.1 sound but from Satbox only stereo. I have two Vix image 6.2 and 6.3 both shows the same sound stereo out put.
The Denon model is AVR-X2500H

Now that is some receiver. What channels are you on when you test and have you denon set to automatically detect the sound source and have ac3 and dts set at passthrough on sat box.? I'll look at manual and one last thing is it a good hdmi lead you are using and can you change it easily? And another thing some outputs on denon can go flaky so you have quite a few to try!! I'll look for a channel that is doing DD at the moment and if you know one that you use that should be DD let me know.

I'll have a read of that manual for x2500h.

I dont think the problem is with Denon. I think the Satbox. It is not producing the 5.1 sound or it might be Openvix.

You know when you press the info button on Denon remote it gives you input and out put audio details. With PlayStation is gives you 7.1 input audio and when check Mutant HD51 Satbox it gives you Stereo input audio.
Which Satbox and image are you using?

How long have you had the Denon? And as above can you you check the settings on Denon. I'm back now and on BBC1 HD its ouputting PLii Cinema. On one box its openvix 2, a Vu+ Duo2 and on the other its openvix 6.3 on an axhd61.

When you change the audio settings on the mutant are you pressing green and for PCM does it say NO. ? I'll do a few screenshots of your AVR settings in a while. NB When you go to BBC1 use this one 10847 V, 23000, 3/4, DVBS2-8QPSK and better still re scan it with signal finder.
This is what I get on denon display. This is using optical cable, for axhd61 and the second one is using hdmi for duo2 shown as xtrend for now but same info. The info button will only tell you what you have set.

Attachments

• IMG_2093.jpg
    IMG_2093.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 2
These are the settings on your AVR for sound , the first one shows the default and the second one shows what you can cycle through. For your satbox if you have it on hdmi1 then receiver is expecting audio on coax and the mutant does not do coax, it does optical. But I am sure if you go to menu on receiver you can make the coax input blank. then hdmi will do both video and audio. NB I have read a stipulation for using hdmi with satbox and it seems to say you have to have input set at digital. My denon is avr 2310 and its Feb 2009 yours is 2019 so a bit newer but I still think auto should work. Here are 2 pics to explain my drift. And I would put HDMI from satbox on input 3 as a final check.

Attachments

• IMG_2095.jpg
    IMG_2095.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2094.jpg
    IMG_2094.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I am new with Denon.
There is only one option available to change the audio via set up Audio&Video in Mutant. Did not see ECM in setting . I will try to play around with Denon and will update.

On your AVR there is a button marked pure on remote press that once and it puts auto mode on . On the mutant under audio video you need to have ac3 set to pass through and the one next to it. PCM NOT ECM I’ll do u pic of settings in a moment.

here are the pics, i have a copy of manual. the middle pic is for satbox audio. is AVR secondhand?

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2096.jpg
    IMG_2096.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 9
Hi, You have been very kind and trying to help me. I have found that the input PCM signal are coming from Satbox are stereo . I have tried every setting.
Actually the most open source Satbox are lack of some high Teck components which produces high class sound like PlayStatio. I do not know about Sky Satbox.
See the INPUT SIGNALS from attached pictures. PlayStation and BlueRay signals are 5.1 and Mutant is STEREO.

Attachments

• Blue Ray Picture.jpg
    Blue Ray Picture.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • Passthrough.jpg
    Passthrough.jpg
    911.2 KB · Views: 4
  • PlayStation Input.jpg
    PlayStation Input.jpg
    784.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Satbox Mutant with Pure Direct.jpg
    Satbox Mutant with Pure Direct.jpg
    933.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Satbox Mutant.jpg
    Satbox Mutant.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
You need to say how you have configured the AVR i.e have you selected PURE to make it auto, that way the AVR will recognise all the audio signals from HDMI sources. The info is on the data transmitted. Your fourth pic shows Cbl/sat as dolby surround and that is correct. CBL means a cable box.

PCM is not as good as Dolby Digital etc. You are choosing the wrong option. You need to answer these few questions before I go any further.

1. Is the AVR secondhand?

2. Have you got the manual for the AVR?

3. What channels do you normally watch?

4. Are you able to read the pics I posted above?

Last edited:
1) Yes it is.
I bought it from Ebay two years ago and did not use it. The man gave me receipt of purchase and it was still in warranty at that time. It is like new.
I was using Yamaha RX-V765 and its Remote Control was partially working then I start using the manual buttons especially Volume button. Now the volume button stop working then I decided to use this Denon receiver.
2) No Manual but it is online available
3) Mostly BBC HD channels.
4) Yes I understood what was you mean.

You can see from my pictures the sound produced by Denon is 5.1 while it is 7.1 receiver. I only have 5.1 speaker system. The sound quality is great. I am just asking why the Mutant HD in put signals are not like BlueRay or PlayStation. My Yamaha receiver was also showing the same input signals STEREO.
There is no issue with the sound of DENON.
Which Satbox do you have? Can you tell me which in put signals do you have from your Satbox?
Thank you for your great patience

OK I understand now. While I explain a bit more in a longer thread have you an optical cable/SPIDIF ?

Back