New sat box recommends

Right, you need to read my posts very carefully I condense information. I have quite a few boxes but for you I am using an AXHD61 4K and a VU+ DUO2 and have openvix 6.2 on one and 6.3 on the other.

Sony/Philips Digital Interface. = SPDIF​

I have already said Thank you for your great Patience but still waiting for reply
what are your input signals when you connect your Satboxes to receiver

This is important read my posts carefully, go back to post 30 and read again onwards, I have told you loads of info. How to set your box to auto for hDMI signals is one, I have used pics, sent a pic of my satbox audio settings. And gave you the frequency of a BBC1 channel does does DD when on footie and Plii Cinema on others. I mentioned changing HDMI cable, I never USE PCM.

I know there is a known problem with HDMI on Mutant hd51 but there is also a problem with Denon Hdmi INPUTS!!! And you need a channel that is outputting Dolby Digital to check.

PCM is analague and means nothing.

Have you a firestick?

And can you say if box is set up like this

I keep asking loads of Q's but you either miss them or dont read. Before you get the optical cable can you just try this

1. Use another HDMI cable and connect it to a HDMI slot from Mutant to Denon. I would use a spare HDMI slot on Denon

2. Set box to AUTO so that it will automatically use the audio signal transmitted by channel. To set AUTO press the Pure button on remote. I did a pic. When you press Auto it may show a menu as your box has a Pure Direct mode as well. See Page 118 of Manual. Para "Auto Sound Mode."

3. Select a channel you know is transmitting in AC3 AND HD. BBC 1 HD but check the frequency I gave you. Use that frequency.

At the moment nothing in DD but ITV is showing as Plii Cinema and if your Denon is set corretly to Auto it should show that in Display.

Footie is on soon but have a read of posts.

Back