New to Mag boxes

dostoy

Hello everyone

I am getting a MAG 256 box very soon, it is my first IPTV box.

Can someone please explain how to load an M3U file onto a MAG 256 box.

I'm sure its straight forward and I have looked on youtube etc.

Thanks very much.

Hello everyone

I am getting a MAG 256 box very soon, it is my first IPTV box.

Can someone please explain how to load an M3U file onto a MAG 256 box.

I'm sure its straight forward and I have looked on youtube etc.

Thanks very much.
Put m3u file onto flash drive..put flashdrive in back of mag box go to inner portal menus and load m3u file.

I have now got my MAG 256 box.

I have not got an IPTV sub yet but when I do, surely its best to go into settings, sys settings, servers and then type the url in because if I just load an m3u file, when there is an update I will then have to load in a new m3u file won't I.

Am I correct ?

Is typing the url in all I need to do to get the box to load the new IPTV channels ?

Thanks

I have not got an IPTV sub yet but when I do, surely its best to go into settings, sys settings, servers and then type the url in because if I just load an m3u file, when there is an update I will then have to load in a new m3u file won't I.

Am I correct ?

Is typing the url in all I need to do to get the box to load the new IPTV channels ?

Thanks

In short yes, your URL will be supplied by the provider, all you do is give him/her the Mac Address of the Mag box and the magic is done from their end

Am I correct ?

Thanks

That’s what you do to load iptv on your stalker portal if your doing it that way...
you get the url from provider after you give them your box MAC address..
M3u is used on what is known as outer portal and stalker is the inner portal.
You can still use m3u on outer portal as well as being logged into inner portal..
The difference is a lot of inner portals don’t allow recording where the m3u way in outer portal you can record..but it depends on suppliers set up etc...but it’s always best to have a m3u to use on mobile devices etc.

I now have an IPTV sub and its working well.

Do I need to add a timeserver like pool.ntp.org anywhere ?

If so, where ?

Thanks

I have typed in the url I was given into the first portal.

I am now told I have to 'renew the file' because there has been an update.

I was not aware I had to do this or how to do it.

How do you do it ?

Thanks

I have typed in the url I was given into the first portal.

I am now told I have to 'renew the file' because there has been an update.

I was not aware I had to do this or how to do it.

How do you do it ?

Thanks
Get the new portal address then add it.
Give your supplier your Mac address and restart you mag box to receive what your looking for ;-)

Back