New Transponder on 28E - 11038 V 22000

mike142

TK Veteran
Has the same 11 channels as 11582 H, (Discovery Shed,ID, DMAX, Home & Health etc.)
Also, Transponder 11686 V 22000 is off, (Bloomberg HD & Box Nation Live HD)

Last edited:
Yep--Sky can do anything they want to do, including up and coming name changes eg Fox to be Sky Fox among others.
Plus up go the prices yet again.
Who are the pirates---Sky or us?
Reaper.
Definitely sly reaper no wonder why all of us on here have/had some kind of card sharing lol

who did what before?
ITV2,3,4 HD have always been pay.
ITV have always had that stance that anything HD is deemed premium content and thus it goes behind a pay wall (ITV1 exempt).

Actually, way back in the day when Freesat was a serious threat to Sky, ITV had even advertised that their HD channels were going to be free and readily available on that platform....
Then Sky stepped in and bribed - sorry, "subsidised them" to sign up to Sky only.
This guaranteed subsidy was rumoured to be at least equal to the advertising revenue they would normally have made.
ITV would lose this hefty subsidy overnight if those channels went back to FTA, so despite what may be on some forums, it ain't gonna happen.

Yep we will.
I hope your right, but unless ITV's accountant has a death wish I can't see it happening !

Several channels have moved over to Freesat lately-
Discovery have moved more of theirs,
UKTV have moved more of theirs
Premier Sports just launched Freesports on Freesat, & they have some not insignificant sports rights - that's quite something

Going free instead of behind Sky's paywall means you are in more homes & go from a little fish inside sky's channels to a bigger fish on Freesat & advertising revenue jumps.

All the above independent broadcasters must see it as viable

Sky's not subsidising the channels that would probably be on Freesat now- Sky customers are lol, they just don't know it & still have the ad breaks..
That one's like one of Del Boy's deals - "see rod-nee- we get them to pay froo the nose for sky, den rod-nee - we use some of their own dosh to bribe the channels they wudav got for free wot some of dem just want anyway ... c u s h t e e! "*

(* only wiv an ozzy accent of course ) .

none of those channels are the HD versions though, all the HD versions remain behind a pay wall (on all platforms that have the HD versions).

Has the same 11 channels as 11582 H, (Discovery Shed,ID, DMAX, Home & Health etc.)
Also, Transponder 11686 V 22000 is off, (Bloomberg HD & Box Nation Live HD)
Transponder 11686 V is back on again, the symbol rate has changed to 23000, & there are 2 extra channels, - COLORS HD & DAYSTAR HD.
Some more changes on 11597 V 22000, - Travel Channel+1,Vintage TV,Channels 24 & a Test card.

none of those channels are the HD versions though, all the HD versions remain behind a pay wall (on all platforms that have the HD versions).

Re above, I got a test line the other day, and ITV4 HD glitched like hell, so I checked the ECM times coming from the line, and pinged the server from my PC at the same time (ping times were excellent, confirming issue was with the provider / line).
The seller got back to me, asking how it went and I said it was a shame but ITV4 HD was unwatchable, and he argued with me over several emails that it was FTA!!
I pointed out I'd be unable to get an ECM time if it was, as the line wouldn't be decrypting the channel.
If he didn't even know what channels are encrypted I guess he was a reseller.......

ITV HD changed to using DVB-S2/8PSK 3/4 FEC. That 3/4 fec combined with dvb-s2/8psk caused glitching problems for some, some early Sony & Panasonic Freesat TVs & a few other devices- maybe early MVision/ Spiderboxes.

This may be part of the same issue, it certainly looks a likely candidate for what is an otherwise odd problem.

(the others use 2/3 on dvb-s2/8psk - somewhat more forgiving but ITV gained c. 20% or it allowed then to add more HD channels- a few years ago they wouldn't have got away with it, it's only been possible with improvements)

Back