Newbie Question About Server URLs

TazzyThor

So I did a 24 hour trial with a provider. Then I decided to do 1 month sub since I feel 24 hours isn't enough time to test out the service. Once I signed up for 1 month, I was given a M3U URL. Then I realized that I had subscribed to this URL in the past. My question is, if the M3U URL is exactly the same as before then does that mean that the main source of the IPTV is the same? If yes, does that mean that the reliability should be the same as before?

Yes & yes to your 2 questions. The the channel list and appearance of the set-up is the same then it'll most likely be from the same suppliers/providers.

However, remember good providers will upgrade their servers and improve channel list so it should be an on going improvement of the service.

So I did a 24 hour trial with a provider. Then I decided to do 1 month sub since I feel 24 hours isn't enough time to test out the service. Once I signed up for 1 month, I was given a M3U URL. Then I realized that I had subscribed to this URL in the past. My question is, if the M3U URL is exactly the same as before then does that mean that the main source of the IPTV is the same? If yes, does that mean that the reliability should be the same as before?

Hard to say. It could have been great when you had it before, then it could have turned to poop...or it could have gotten better.. I wouldn't try and second guess. Try it for the month, see how it goes.

Yes & yes to your 2 questions. The the channel list and appearance of the set-up is the same then it'll most likely be from the same suppliers/providers.

However, remember good providers will upgrade their servers and improve channel list so it should be an on going improvement of the service.

Thanks for the response! Let's say John and Jack are both selling an IPTV service with xyz m3u url. Even though they both use the same source, could they host the channels on their own servers or do they usually use the same servers?

I have another question. The provider I'm using allows me to use up to 6 connections, provided that I pay for those 6 connections. But they all use the same login. Is this normal? In the past, I've always been provided different logins for different connections. Also, in terms of reliability if I get 6 connections with the same login, would that affect buffering more than if I got 6 individual accounts with their own logins?

Last edited:
Hard to say. It could have been great when you had it before, then it could have turned to poop...or it could have gotten better.. I wouldn't try and second guess. Try it for the month, see how it goes.

Yeah, I'm doing a 1 month trial with them right now. I've done a 24 hour trial before with another seller earlier this year with the same m3u url and it was alright experience. But nowadays many sellers don't give out their server info during a free trial so I didn't know that I was signing up for the same service that I did a trial for a while ago.

Yeah, I'm doing a 1 month trial with them right now. I've done a 24 hour trial before with another seller earlier this year with the same m3u url and it was alright experience. But nowadays many sellers don't give out their server info during a free trial so I didn't know that I was signing up for the same service that I did a trial for a while ago.
If the service you are getting is fine, why are you obsessing about where it comes from?
Forget John and Jack, what difference does it make to you where it originates?

Thanks for the response! Let's say John and Jack are both selling an IPTV service with xyz m3u url. Even though they both use the same source, could they host the channels on their own servers or do they usually use the same servers?

I have another question. The provider I'm using allows me to use up to 6 connections, provided that I pay for those 6 connections. But they all use the same login. Is this normal? In the past, I've always been provided different logins for different connections. Also, in terms of reliability if I get 6 connections with the same login, would that affect buffering more than if I got 6 individual accounts with their own logins?
No way would any decent provider allow 6 connections on 1 sub that is open to abuse and would soon get booted off the servers.

No way would any decent provider allow 6 connections on 1 sub that is open to abuse and would soon get booted off the servers.
Totally agree 100% with you on that one mate,

Would be a total nightmare and most definitely would be wiped out very quickly ,

Plus the headache of them moaning about quality Ect, which would be due to the split 6 ways,
Cant even imagine that,

Life would be so much easier for the provider by just giving out 6 seperate subs as some provider's/reseller's panels give them the option of offering 3 for 4 connections or 5 for 6 aswel as the usual for 12 month Monthly, Quarterly and 6 month subs plus each will have there own unique user ect .

No way would any decent provider allow 6 connections on 1 sub that is open to abuse and would soon get booted off the
A bigger pile of shit I have never heard.
Not sure who you are working for but the super blocks might come back to bite your arse.
Almost everyone knows BTW

I have no idea what you mean. I just asked a question about a trial that I'm doing. I came here asking for help because I was afraid getting 6 connections would would cause buffering issues or not. Everyone knows what?

If the service you are getting is fine, why are you obsessing about where it comes from?
Forget John and Jack, what difference does it make to you where it originates?
The trial the first time was alright. I experienced some buffering during the timr I watched it. If I had known it was from the same provider I wouldn't have done a 1 month sub because I would have preferred trying a different provider

What is a super block?

They're part of a super injunction taken out by major a tv company to disrupt illegal streaming. Widely acknowledged to be the biggest threat to iptv since it's inception, you'll see them spoken about on the main thread that a very well respected member started and also mentioned in virtually every other thread on here, such is the fear. Many members are speculating that due to the ferocity and strength of the super blocks that they could be the final nail in the coffin of iptv.

They're part of a super injunction taken out by major a tv company to disrupt illegal streaming. Widely acknowledged to be the biggest threat to iptv since it's inception, you'll see them spoken about on the main thread that a very well respected member started and also mentioned in virtually every other thread on here, such is the fear. Many members are speculating that due to the ferocity and strength of the super blocks that they could be the final nail in the coffin of iptv.
People who want money always find a way. Hence why sky UK/IT/DE TV is open again

People who want money always find a way. Hence why sky UK/IT/DE TV is open again
True, these things do go in cycles. Like when CS was stopped, iptv filled the void. Now iptv is in it's final throes sat is making a resurgence.

Back