Open box v5s and skybox/liberview f5s the same?

Make sure you flash the correct firmware for the model you have as there is quite a few bricked ones due to using wrong firmware
Even so its easy to fix in most cases with the correct one if you do use the wrong version

i think the liberveiw has two usb ports thinking about it.

Nope. Only 1. The Libertview is exactly the same as the Skybox F5s only with a different badge.

According to Aliexpress the difference between the F5s & V5s is:-

1, Display: V5S with LED display, F5S with VFD display
2, Remote Control: V5S's RC with slim size(same as F3 model) , F5S's RC with big size

Openbox v5 IS a skybox f5s. Sly are cracking down on their name being used so manufacturers are changing the name used on their boxes.

sly have cracked down on the boxes because they are illegal in the UK.It is not just the fact they use the word "sky" it is because they break uk broadcasting laws. however, stuff like the vu range are not illegal

Openbox v5 IS a skybox f5s. Sly are cracking down on their name being used so manufacturers are changing the name used on their boxes.

what rubbish

openbox has been about for 3 years that i know off and are s9 s10 s11 s12 etc and was not re named due to sly dealing with the name skybox and in fact open box was around before skyboxes. the renamed skybox is liberveiw

sly have cracked down on the boxes because they are illegal in the UK.It is not just the fact they use the word "sky" it is because they break uk broadcasting laws. however, stuff like the vu range are not illegal

wrong (ish), as i got a letter about selling sky boxes on ebay , it is in fact to do only with the name "SKY" on the box, which they call "SKY MARKS" and you can still freely sell some boxes that can pick up FTA channels

so for openbox, use openbox software
for skybox use skybox firmware
for liberveiw /clones look about for firmware

Last edited:
no satman, it is even illegal to sell the new one. Sky will normally give you a warning first and if you carry on you will be prosectuted. there have been sucessful prosecutions by sly for people just selling the box. why do you think respected box dealers like wos do not sell them. it is the chance you take the only reason you got a letter on fleebay is because you where grassed up there are still loads of sellers on there. if you sold the liberveiw you would more than likley get another letter as someone will grass you up again. noone has ever been prosecuted for selling the vu range. in fact they exhibit in london in the world tv show.

Much of the confusion here is down to what box is legal and whats not...
All boxes without the Cams installed are Legal FTA boxes even the skyboxes etc but once the Cams are installed or Firmware updated to allow them to be used there not then to be sold

no wrong. it is down to if they are opensource linux boxes or not. the people who make the vu range would always argue we do not have anything to do with cardsharing as the firmware is developed by third party people for which we have no association. with the skybox and liberveiw and a few others the same argument can not be used. that is how the modchip people get around the law on games consoles. they supply the modchip with no software on it they are not breaking the law you can even install the modchip to your console you are not breaking the law. however, third party developers develop the software for the chip to work that is wghen it becomes illegal once you have installed the software.but you must remember the people who make the modchip and the people who make the firmware are not associated where with skybox they are. lets face it we all are all taking a small chance anyway.

Last edited:
what rubbish

openbox has been about for 3 years that i know off and are s9 s10 s11 s12 etc and was not re named due to sly dealing with the name skybox and in fact open box was around before skyboxes. the renamed skybox is liberveiw

wrong (ish), as i got a letter about selling sky boxes on ebay , it is in fact to do only with the name "SKY" on the box, which they call "SKY MARKS" and you can still freely sell some boxes that can pick up FTA channels

so for openbox, use openbox software
for skybox use skybox firmware
for liberveiw /clones look about for firmware

wow relax man! i was wrong, s**t happens.
satman a openbox v5s basically IS a skybox f5s...ask any dealer.
the skybox firmware from skybox.cc works fine with openbox. Same product, just different name.

My box went of 2 days ago just saying scrambled I have had my gift 2 months so been I touch with supplier he won't answer so bought a new gift and it's still saying scrambled can any 1 help thanks

Back