openbox or freesat box

radicaldoc

I am new to this and about to buy a box when i search for V8 i get results of both of these boxes are they the same company?
if not which would anyone recommend to buy..
I want to try CCCam..

At the moment i run a VU+ SOLO 2. but i have to run OSCAM For my 27.5 sat and biss keys. and i cannot run both.

If you want cccam you know it won't work on uk sly don't you??? Sorry got to ask...

V8s is a free to air satellite (freesat) box that you can add cccam file to to clear scrambled channels (not UK sly). "Freesat" is used as a general term for free to air satellite TV. It is also a not for profit UK company that have Thier own range of boxes for free to air satellite TV. (V8s is not one of them)

Clear as mud I know. Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Get the facts---Our Freesat.cn boxes are totally different to Openbox and can be used on multiple sats with CCcam/Mgcamd and Newcamd---our latest is the GTT box which is capable of cable/freeview/fully loaded android plus can be used with iptv
Reaper.

OK thanks for that is your new box able to decode 27.5w And the BISS keys to decode it?? for the BBC AND ITV ETC channels??

If you want cccam you know it won't work on uk sly don't you??? Sorry got to ask...

V8s is a free to air satellite (freesat) box that you can add cccam file to to clear scrambled channels (not UK sly). "Freesat" is used as a general term for free to air satellite TV. It is also a not for profit UK company that have Thier own range of boxes for free to air satellite TV. (V8s is not one of them)

to be honest i am just looking for a back up box for my VU+ SOLO2 box i live in spain and the only way i can get the wife english tv is 27.5w with BISS keys and i would like Eurosport and BT Sport in English if possible..

I am hoping to get stuff like Eurosport. BTsport 2

BT sports, box nation, premier and eir sports still work on 28.2e with CCcam etc.
Eurosort is on 19.2e with sky and others.
Fox sport etc and other sport channels are on 23.5e
Lots of movies--kids etc available on those sats and can be changed to english audio.
Freesat.cn boxes can use BISS keys---check out site for more info at www.freesat.cn
Reaper.

BT sports, box nation, premier and eir sports still work on 28.2e with CCcam etc.
Eurosort is on 19.2e with sky and others.
Fox sport etc and other sport channels are on 23.5e
Lots of movies--kids etc available on those sats and can be changed to english audio.
Freesat.cn boxes can use BISS keys---check out site for more info at www.freesat.cn
Reaper.
Thanks for your help i will take a look :)

Wouldn't you be better off getting a MAG256 and an IPTV sub ?

No dish needed, just stream everything, full sky UK package

Last edited:
Wouldn't you be better off getting a MAG256 and an IPTV sub ?

No dish needed, just stream everything, full sky UK package
DATA..... IPTV eats data which i don't have enough as our internet in Spain is very expensive unless you have unlimited waste of time

OK thanks for that is your new box able to decode 27.5w And the BISS keys to decode it?? for the BBC AND ITV ETC channels??
None of these receivers will tune in the 44.100 symbol rate needed for 27.5W, this seller on ebay sells the Technomate receivers & sets them up, but you need to message him & tell him what you want & get it set up for CCCam as well - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technomat...777037&hash=item3d3834c22f:g:vu4AAOSwq7JT1lmT
Depending where you live in Spain you would need a big dish to get 28E, I found this info online - "For northern Spain, dish size requirements for Sky TV are 1.2m, but a 1.8m - 2.4m dish (minimum) may be needed for reliable Sky TV reception in Madrid, Barcelona and Malaga".
There's not much point in trying to get 28E, as the BT Sports channels are unlikely to last, also you don't say if you have a motorized or fixed dish.
You're best bet is Hispasat 30W, there are around 100 channels that open here with a Eurosub, including Eurosport 1 & 2 in HD, BBC Entertainment, Paramount, AMC, TNT, TCM, Disney & Discovery channels, & more, the Spanish Movistar & Sport 1,2,3HD Channels show premiership matches.
As 27.5W & 30W are very close together a motorized dish would work well as there would only be a second or 2 delay switching beween sats.

None of these receivers will tune in the 44.100 symbol rate needed for 27.5W, this seller on ebay sells the Technomate receivers & sets them up, but you need to message him & tell him what you want & get it set up for CCCam as well - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technomat...777037&hash=item3d3834c22f:g:vu4AAOSwq7JT1lmT
Depending where you live in Spain you would need a big dish to get 28E, I found this info online - "For northern Spain, dish size requirements for Sky TV are 1.2m, but a 1.8m - 2.4m dish (minimum) may be needed for reliable Sky TV reception in Madrid, Barcelona and Malaga".
There's not much point in trying to get 28E, as the BT Sports channels are unlikely to last, also you don't say if you have a motorized or fixed dish.
You're best bet is Hispasat 30W, there are around 100 channels that open here with a Eurosub, including Eurosport 1 & 2 in HD, BBC Entertainment, Paramount, AMC, TNT, TCM, Disney & Discovery channels, & more, the Spanish Movistar & Sport 1,2,3HD Channels show premiership matches.
As 27.5W & 30W are very close together a motorized dish would work well as there would only be a second or 2 delay switching beween sats.
hey Mike142 thanks for the great answer i have emailed the guy about it i also already have a dish set up for 30w for spanish tdt which is a complete waste of time as there are very few channels on the box you get it's a televes VAS 5110 which i think i am taking off and selling it cost me 200€ looks like i may need to try something else and get all channels on 30w..
thanks again for taking the time.. :)

PM benijofar--he lives in Spain and will give you all the answers you need before you take the plunge and splash out needlessly.
We pick up 28.2e, 19.2e etc with a 1.6m dish in Malta.
Reaper.

hey Mike142 thanks for the great answer i have emailed the guy about it i also already have a dish set up for 30w for spanish tdt which is a complete waste of time as there are very few channels on the box you get it's a televes VAS 5110 which i think i am taking off and selling it cost me 200€ looks like i may need to try something else and get all channels on 30w..
thanks again for taking the time.. :)
If you wanted another box just for 30W you could get an Openbox V8s , a eurosub would do both boxes, request a sub here with 2 or 3 lines, you won't get all the channels, just a hundred or so.

Last edited:
If you wanted another box just for 30W you could get an Openbox V8s , a eurosub would do both boxes, request a sub here with 2 or 3 lines, you won't get all the channels, just a hundred or so, I could do you out a 30W channel list for the openbox if you wanted.
thanks for that Mike142 I will take a look after weekend what's a Eurosub??

PM benijofar--he lives in Spain and will give you all the answers you need before you take the plunge and splash out needlessly.
We pick up 28.2e, 19.2e etc with a 1.6m dish in Malta.
Reaper.
thanks for that I put up a 2 m dish but wasn't big enough we live in Andalucia near Jaen the capitol.. Dish is out of the question other than 27.5 w Iptv is a no no unless you have plenty of money and can do unlimited we don't and can't unfortunately .. so i have to do the best i can...

Back