Openbox v8s question ?

Dannym256

I have just got an openbox v8s and I need some help do I need to connect my satellite cable to it or can I just use wifi? also I tried with the satellite cable and can only get like 2 channels what do I need to do ?

I have just got an openbox v8s and I need some help do I need to connect my satellite cable to it or can I just use wifi? also I tried with the satellite cable and can only get like 2 channels what do I need to do ?

both satellite and wifi, id suggest getting cwaites channel list works good on v8s

if you want to add a cline then you need your box hooked up to a satallite and an internet connection, cwaite.dyndns .tv/ <<for cwaites channel list

You will need it connected to the dish (satelite cable) for the channels and the internet (either wifi or ethernet) for your cline then add your channel list

hi, the openbox v8s is not best suited to view tv channels over wifi or adsl .
the best way to use it imho is to connect the coax from the sat lnb to the openbox input connector marked lnb in 13/18v , you may need to do a blind scan to find all available channels.
you can then install a suitable channel list as stated above.
this will give you all fta channels, the paid channels will show as scrambled. you could then as stated above add a cline or nline to view these channels.
if you google the openbox you will find lots of info.
hope this helps

If you had a channel list there is no need to do a scan If you just want it for FTA you dont need the internet connected
If you want to watch scrambled channels you need internet connection Best is wired, then homplugs, Wifi dongle You will need to purchase a line to put in the box to watch them

Hiya
Ye when I plugged it in all the channels were there it was just saying no signal I could only get like 2 channels it was not connected to the Internet as I'm still waiting for the dongle

If it's saying no signal this is a problem with either Dish , lnb,cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya
Ye when I plugged it in all the channels were there it was just saying no signal I could only get like 2 channels it was not connected to the Internet as I'm still waiting for the dongle
Did the box come with a channel list already installed?

What 2 channels are you able to pick up?

As mentioned above, you should be able to receive all the FTA channels (the ones that don't have $ next to them).

Make sure that you have connected your LNB cable into the LNB connector & not the LOOP connector (it's easy to do!).

Do you live in the UK?

Last edited:
Hiya

Yes the channel list was already installed on it
And I could get like itv+1 but with no sound lol and I could get viva but I can't get them now

I did have it connected in the right one in the LnB

But I can't get any channel now it just keeps saying no signal and yes I live in the UK

Has your dish ever worked with any other satellite receivers before?

Do you have any other receivers you could try with your dish?

Sounds like it might need realigning.

Well only ever tried it with sky like and never had any problems with that what so ever and nope I only got sky here

Back