Problems with RS232 to RJ45 adaper Error 202

i havent got either of them but borrowed my mates lan adapter off his box plugged it on the back connected right away even if i could just get the lan adapter i would be up n running

Last edited:
I agree with HiTeck, get in touch with Lincast, DC Recievers, Skywonder, Tailor made circuits. One of them may have some lying about from faulty boxes.
Here is another image of what may be the wiring, but the configuration looks exactly as HiTech has already posted.
T2000_sc_rj-45-rs232_db-9f.jpg

thx for the links for the companys to try just has 2 emails back 1 from linscat and one from skywonder both have been searching themselves without sucess im afraid

Shame, what we need is for a member to post a picture of one opened up (if they come apart without breaking it) so we can see how they are wired.

Or someone with a multimeter that can do a pin to pin read of the wiring of an original.

thats a good idea hope someone could do that the lan adapters do open up without breaking my mate dropped his and it came apart

there 2 types the new one wich he has a circuit board in there the older one has the wires on the board one u cant see much at all also got no tester atm

Your out of options unless someone posts the info for you, it's either get your mates with a multimeter a do a pin to pin read and write down which pin is connected to which or hope someone can do it for you.

I don't have one otherwise I would have done it fo you.

To ad, send these an email, they import the boxes and may have some.

Code:
http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/

Hi,
Just a note, Wizzard claim that they do not have adapters except when bought with a box. I was trying to sort it out for a mate, but was testing on my box.
Is there not a point that the part should be available as a spare part, under the sales of goods act, in case the adapter breaks in some way. The adapter is a necessary part for the legitimate home network streaming function of the box.
As a side note the staff at Wizzard were rude and abrupt when my friend contacted them about the availability of the adapter.
Hope you can get it sorted Daz.

i agree with u i contacted them today and i have to say they was no help and very rude on the phone i cannot believe we spend all this money on these boxes and theres no spares availible

9-Pin Serial Port to RJ45 Cat5 Ethernet LAN Adapter Cable on amazon, any good ?

RJ45 Female Socket to 9 pin Serial DB9 Socket Adapter also amazon

give me an hour got me meter out !!!!!!!!!!

Added after 23 minutes:

sorry guys there must b a circuit board with some sort of semiconductors in the adaptor cuz i cant get a reading across any of the pins on it !!!!

Last edited:
give me an hour got me meter out !!!!!!!!!!

Added after 23 minutes:

sorry guys there must b a circuit board with some sort of semiconductors in the adaptor cuz i cant get a reading across any of the pins on it !!!!

Have you got a buzzer on that meter?. Nothing via that.......

i have hiteck .. and it also tests 4 resistance.. got nothing across any of the pins tried them in all sequences.

dont really wana pull it open.........:faint:

i have hiteck .. and it also tests 4 resistance.. got nothing across any of the pins tried them in all sequences.

dont really wana pull it open.........:faint:

Can't blame you for that at least you had a go (y).

Back