Recommend Speed For IPTV ?

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Might be moving house soon and want to know what's the min. speed required for streaming IPTV with a VPN ?
I currently have 75megabit with no problems, however some i've looked at only have about 40megabit
Thanks

Anything above 10mbs should be sufficient. My home network manages just shy of 40mbs when the boy starts downloading on his xbox one it throttles the network but the IPTV manages okay at around 10mbs

Anything above 10mbs should be sufficient. My home network manages just shy of 40mbs when the boy starts downloading on his xbox one it throttles the network but the IPTV manages okay at around 10mbs

Thanks dude.
Ok so how does VPN work then in regards to speed ?

If person 1. has a 100mb sync without the VPN and 50mb with the VPN

and person 2. has 70mb sync without the VPN, will they still receive 50mb with the same VPN server or not ?

Sorry that I can not answer as I don't use one. Which vpn are you using or using for your example above. If person 1 and 2 are using the same vpn doing the same thing on the same isp it should be the same.

Sorry that I can not answer as I don't use one. Which vpn are you using or using for your example above. If person 1 and 2 are using the same vpn doing the same thing on the same isp it should be the same.

same vpn, same thing, but different Sync speeds.

Do you see what im asking though ? Say one person syncs at 100mb and gets 50mb via a vpn, would someone who syncs at 55mb still get 50mb via the same VPN ?

I tried Bitrate viewer to test how much my channels use, and it doesn't seem to work.

Arrange right I understand your question second time around but still have no idea of the answer sorry @NazoDoop I am sure somebody here will know. May I ask why you are changing isp to take a speed cut why not stay with your current isp?

Arrange right I understand your question second time around but still have no idea of the answer sorry @NazoDoop I am sure somebody here will know. May I ask why you are changing isp to take a speed cut why not stay with your current isp?

Yeah im sticking with my ISP ( 75mb ), but i have to prepare for the worst if i move home and the connection is slower

Go on their website and do a speed check or service check whatever it is so you will know what speeds it will roughly be.

Go on their website and do a speed check or service check whatever it is so you will know what speeds it will roughly be.

Have done, and most are 40mb or above which i know isn't a problem. It's the VPN slowing me down which is why im asking

What purpose do you use the vpn for iptv, downloading or other unspeakable use? Is it really a necessity to your every day life if it is going to cause problems (which I doubt) on a 40mb connection why not get rid or switch to a provider that can offer the same speed as your current provider?

What purpose do you use the vpn for iptv, downloading or other unspeakable use? Is it really a necessity to your every day life if it is going to cause problems (which I doubt) on a 40mb connection why not get rid or switch to a provider that can offer the same speed as your current provider?

IPTV only.
I would and probably am going to switch to Virgin, but im in a contract with my current ISP until summer of 2019

If they are giving you a downgrade speed wise they should let you out of your contract at no charge barring returning their equipment. I had the same issue with Beetee 18 months ago when we moved they couldn't offer me the same package which I obviously wasn't happy about so they let me out of my contract. Does your sub require the vpn or do you just prefer to have it as a safeguard?

If they are giving you a downgrade speed wise they should let you out of your contract at no charge barring returning their equipment. I had the same issue with Beetee 18 months ago when we moved they couldn't offer me the same package which I obviously wasn't happy about so they let me out of my contract. Does your sub require the vpn or do you just prefer to have it as a safeguard?

I have two providers, one of them definitely does not need a VPN and the other i'm not sure.

Thanks for that information though, if i move and it's not fast enough then i could see if i can terminate my contract

Your welcome, I am pretty sure you would have to terminate before you move 30 days notice at a minimum but that gives you plenty of time to organise a new isp.

Why use the VPN if you know it does not need it? Your ISP will not see what channel you are watching if your provider has their set-up right.

Why use the VPN if you know it does not need it? Your ISP will not see what channel you are watching if your provider has their set-up right.

Good question, I always thought it was a grey area and a way to cover the providers back not the clients ?

As above if they are set-up right their asses will be well covered long before the link hits your router. I am not trying to poke at you, I just do not like seen good money going to waste if you know where I am coming from paying for something that is not required seems like you might as well open the window and chuck your £££s out of it :(

As above if they are set-up right their asses will be well covered long before the link hits your router. I am not trying to poke at you, I just do not like seen good money going to waste if you know where I am coming from paying for something that is not required seems like you might as well open the window and chuck your £££s out of it :(

Lesson learned then thanks

Feel free to spend your money how you like you earn it brother but i know i certainly would not bother shelling out if it was not a necessity.

Feel free to spend your money how you like you earn it brother but i know i certainly would not bother shelling out if it was not a necessity.

Fair enough, will have to see how it goes when i move then. I asked ISP and i'd have to pay an early contract free if i wanted to leave
crafty buggers, if i move home i have to take out another 12 month contract or pay a large fee

Last edited:
Back