Recording help

have the zgemma star s2 box which is fine until I try to record anything soon as the timer starts for the programme to record all the other channels go blank and cannot be watched so I have to stop the recording and then re boot my box to get the channels back working.
Somebody mentioned to me have I got the recording right in the set up menu, I don't know about these settings so any help will be appreciated.
The cable from my satellite dish go into the LNB and Tuner a on the back of my zgemma box.

Cables top left bottom right? Also check the strength of the tuners menu, setup, service searching then sat finder press right to change tuner

If there is no free tuner this will happen. U have to have both feeds going to the box in your case that will be 2 sat feeds 1 to lnb A and 1 to B.

have the zgemma star s2 box which is fine until I try to record anything soon as the timer starts for the programme to record all the other channels go blank and cannot be watched so I have to stop the recording and then re boot my box to get the channels back working.
Somebody mentioned to me have I got the recording right in the set up menu, I don't know about these settings so any help will be appreciated.
The cable from my satellite dish go into the LNB and Tuner a on the back of my zgemma box.

If you only have 1 cable going into the zgemma box then - normally - you can't watch anything else when it is recording other than a previously recorded show.

You will need to run another cable from the LNB into the zgemma

Hi. I have this problem too as soon as the timer starts the box just crashes. And I have two cables going into the box.

Hi all has anyone got any new ideas on this. If I have any type of hard drive connected to my box after a while it just reboots for no reason especially if it's recording. Yes it is all set up correctly as far as I now and yes I gave got two cables going to the box. Any ideas would be much appreciated as I am going mad very slowly

are you using a powered externally hdd and when setting up you initialized it first before using it?

make sure both tuners set to single and 28.2 'setup-service searching-tuner config'
change tuner recorder settings 'setup-system-customise'

Id suggest possibly PM'ing MTPockets since its his image right ?
Personally i use vix-hades as its very easy to navigate

You have both tuners set to 28.2E, single yes ?

Next time it happens, ftp to the box and see if it creates a crash log. If it does, then upload it here.

Youll find end it in /home/root/logs

Hi has anyone got any more info on why the box just reboots, i must remember to try and get a crash log but just being lazy at the min.

Back