Recording help

Check recording settings. Make sure they're set to media/hdd/movie. Check timeshift settings are on media/hdd/timeshift.

recheck f connectors and no little braids of wire touching inner cable.try leaving hdd removed for a while?

Hi all surely there is someone out there that can sort this problem. Box works fine until a hdd is plugged in, this is where the trouble starts when you set a timer, as soon as the timer kicks in and the box starts to record, the box just reboots, and continues to do so until the hdd is removed. Even tried a new zgemma h.2s with the vix image and it is still the same. Please help as this is really driving me crazy.

Hi all surely there is someone out there that can sort this problem. Box works fine until a hdd is plugged in, this is where the trouble starts when you set a timer, as soon as the timer kicks in and the box starts to record, the box just reboots, and continues to do so until the hdd is removed. Even tried a new zgemma h.2s with the vix image and it is still the same. Please help as this is really driving me crazy.
It must be your hard drive then surely !
If the Zgemma is having trouble reading/writing to the drive that could cause crashes.

I take it you checked the drive is mounted and then initialised the drive while connected to the box? Also check the recording paths and make sure they point to the drive and not internal memory....

Make doubly sure by looking that the cables are connected on a diagonal from your lnb and NOT one above the other.

Make sure as you're running CCcam that you are running CCcam2.30 and not 2.13..... 2.13 doesn't support decoding 2 channels at the same time.

Check power required by your USB HDD does not exceed power available from USB port on Zgemma (500mA)

Have you tried with timeshift disabled? It's possibly that your HDD if an old one can't cope with the data throughput required.

Just ideas....but it's the sort of thing I'd be checking.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. So far so good, tried the timeshift suggestion and fingers crossed its working, only thing is though i changed the power pack as well so it may have been that ????????

Good stuff :-) getting somewhere at last .....now if you'd be so kind to try and narrow it down and then post back here? It may help someone in the future... If it is the timeshift settings (which I suspect) there is the option to disable timeshift while recording make sure to enable this to check if it's your drives write speed that's the issue

Just turned the timeshift option back on and set a timer record going.......at the present all is still fine so it does look like it was the power pack.......strange.

Just by chance really, when i was checking the other cables my ear was next to the power pack and i could then hear it was making a strange noise.

Back