Recording/viewing issues Zgemma Star 2S.

bobn0337

Hi folks I have noticed that people are having recording/viewing issues ie. being unable to record premium whilst watching premium etc.I had the same problem and found that this setup works with Openatv 4.2 and a cline but may work with other images.
Start by going into:
Menu
Setup

Service searching
Into Tuner configuration and choose tuner A
Configuration mode Advanced,
Satellite 28.2E Eutelsat 28A & Astra 2A/2E/2F (select using > key)
Set LNB to LNB1.
Press Green to save.
Choose Tuner B and repeat steps.

Exit out to Setup.
Go into System,Extended System,Recording settings.

Default movie location set to, /media/hdd/movie/ then set Preferred tuner for recordings to auto press Green to save.
Exit out to Main menu.
Go into TSpanel and select Softcams
If you can only see CCcam 2.1.3 or earlier press Install (blue button)
From the list highlight CCcam 2.3.0 and press Install (blue button)
Once it has downloaded highlight it and press Start/Restart(green button)the indicator will turn from red to green to show it is running,exit out and reboot the box.
You should now be able to watch and record any channel you have access to.

Last edited:
​​Hi folks I have noticed that people are having recording/viewing issues ie. being unable to record premium whilst watching premium etc.I had the same problem and found that this setup works with Openatv 4.2 and a cline but may work with other images.
Start by going into:
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Set LNB to LNB1.
Press Green to save.
Exit out to Setup.
Default movie location set to, /media/hdd/movie/ then set Preferred tuner for recordings to auto press Green to save.
Exit out to Main menu.
Once it has downloaded highlight it and press Start/Restart(green button)the indicator will turn from red to green to show it is running,exit out and reboot the box.

Thanks bobn0337 nice for users to have all this in one thread.

Please also note that with CCcam 2.30 your CCcam.cfg file needs to be saved to /usr/keys and NOT to /etc

Hi thanks for the quote but the CCcam.cfg definitely does go into /etc.I think usr/keys is where it needs to be for other images but for Openatv it is /etc if you look in the /etc folder there is a sample CCcam.cfg file all you need to do is delete it and Ftp your file into the folder and it will run fine.

For some strange reason my box has decided it doesn't want to pause anymore? It's on bbc and the mrs is recording itv at the same time? I have performed the steps above again apart from the restart (as it's recording)...

I added the ROI listings today? Would that have knocked it off?

Hi thanks for the quote but the CCcam.cfg definitely does go into /etc.I think usr/keys is where it needs to be for other images but for Openatv it is /etc if you look in the /etc folder there is a sample CCcam.cfg file all you need to do is delete it and Ftp your file into the folder and it will run fine.

Sorry mate but on OpenATV CCcam2.13 CCcam.cfg goes in etc and with CCam2.30 it goes in var/keys

---------- Post Merged at 08:30 PM ----------

For some strange reason my box has decided it doesn't want to pause anymore? It's on bbc and the mrs is recording itv at the same time? I have performed the steps above again apart from the restart (as it's recording)...

I added the ROI listings today? Would that have knocked it off?

Live pause and recording will have both being saved to the disk at the same time - I've never tried this but I'm guessing your usb stick/hard disk doesn't have a quick enough write speed. Although these boxes don't support USB3, a USB3 disk has a faster write speed even when connected to a USB2 port so I'd give that a go first...

What image are you running? There shouldn't be a problem really as my setup quite happily records two channels at the same time while watching a third. It may just need a reboot

You can record 2 channels and watch a third? I think mine only does record one and watch ones will reboot now. Using sucmnsee sky skin the latest one. Only have 1 turner and one in loop (cables)

cables from dish should be on the diagonal as you look at the ports - don't use the loop. I can record two at the same time but the third has to be on the same polarity or transponder or something as one of the others being recorded.

Try it and see.

Sorry mate but on OpenATV CCcam2.13 CCcam.cfg goes in etc and with CCam2.30 it goes in var/keys

Hi it works for me with CCcam 2.3.0 running and CCcam .cfg in etc.I am no expert and maybe I have done it a roundabout way but if you try it you will find it does indeed work, other people have tried it and now have a box that records 1 whilst they can watch another.It doesn't matter to me where the file goes as long as the box does what it was intended to do.No offence to you or slight on your knowledge as you know more than I do but set up this way it works.

2.30 as opposed to 2.13 is what allows you to watch one and record another that's the main point and was well made boobn0337 so thanks for that!!

I can only think you installed CCcam 2.30 in a different way or from a different source? I'm just commenting on the way it works when using the softcam manager in OpenATV which can be installed using the softcam-feed-mipsel_1.0_all.ipk plugin (this is the way in my backups). Maybe you installed from tspanel or elsewhere? No offence taken mate and glad it works for you, just want to make sure others don't struggle.

No offence taken (apart from spelling my name wrong :))
Thing is it is I am using your 4.2 image, I am puzzled as to why you pulled it, works great for me. I followed the procedure as I laid out previously,install CCcam 2.3.0 which is done through the already installed TSpanel into softcams press install, highlight CCcam 2.3.0 when it's done select it, press Start/Restart and for good measure reboot box problem solved.There is no magic and no mystery involved I used the tools available to solve a problem that I couldn't find an online answer to and thought other people in the same position should be given the info so they could get full use of what is a fantastic box which is the whole point of a forum is it not.
Hopefully this clears up any confusion which may have arisen as to the method I used and to the advice I have posted by way of a solution to others using Openatv with a cline. Bob.

Last edited:
Ive just got the Zgenma-star2s and i bricked the box

No offence taken (apart from spelling my name wrong :))
Thing is it is I am using your 4.2 image, I am puzzled as to why you pulled it, works great for me. I followed the procedure as I laid out previously,install CCcam 2.3.0 which is done through the already installed TSpanel into softcams press install, highlight CCcam 2.3.0 when it's done select it, press Start/Restart and for good measure reboot box problem solved.There is no magic and no mystery involved I used the tools available to solve a problem that I couldn't find an online answer to and thought other people in the same position should be given the info so they could get full use of what is a fantastic box which is the whole point of a forum is it not.
Hopefully this clears up any confusion which may have arisen as to the method I used and to the advice I have posted by way of a solution to others using Openatv with a cline. Bob.

Ice put 4.20 openatv on but i cant find the softcam manager i cant find cccam 2.30 on the plugins what do i do im a newbie to these box always had skybox f5s which a child could use

​​Hi folks I have noticed that people are having recording/viewing issues ie. being unable to record premium whilst watching premium etc.I had the same problem and found that this setup works with Openatv 4.2 and a cline but may work with other images.
Start by going into:
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Set LNB to LNB1.
Press Green to save.
Exit out to Setup.
Exit out to Main menu.

Thanks bobn0337 nice for users to have all this in one thread.

Please also note that with CCcam 2.30 your CCcam.cfg file needs to be saved to /usr/keys and NOT to /etc

I have done all the above,, but still get timeshift not possible....

I have just purchased a zgemma box and am very pleased but I can't seem to record one programme and watch another. I'm not very technical minded do any help would be great. How do I know I have the sky cables in the correct ports etc. Thanks

Hi guys anyone help me , I got zgemma box I want to record channel when my box is off I add timer and press record . It's record ok but when I am playing it's blank not working? When box is on its work fine but only problem when I record future program and box is in stand mode ?

Back