Recover Dead Skybox Flash Using Serial RS232 Null modem Cable

Just power on your box---no other cables etc---hold in front of you and tell me what appears or doesn't appear on front panel.
Reaper.

Your box is no good---you need a new one.
End of saga.
Reaper.

If you want me to test and see if I can repair then pm me for details

Last edited:
come on reaper there must be something I can do to fix it your proper good at computering (can you also send me the correct firmware and the correct erom upgrade tool for skybox f3 please) :beg::beg::beg::beg::beg:

Waste of time and effort----your box is dead.
You have less than a 1% chance of any f/w being able to revive the box.
You need a new one.
Reaper.

I also have a f5s box that has now been driving me crazy for a few days, it has a dim 8 on the display but when plugged in to serial to serial connection it seems to struggle on the synchronizing please reset target, and when it does come up with the done message it comes up with set stb memory error, do the files that reaper has posted above work all the time or is the box just a nice desk ornament now, I welcome any suggestions, thanks

Your box is now dead---read and you will see that the Dim * or Dim red led indicate that the box is fully corrupted.
You needa new box.
Reaper.

hi

anybody got a fix for the drivers being "Code 10" in windows 10... i have tried other drivers of PL2303, although that particular error goes away, code 52 (not digitally signed, malware etc message is there) and when running through EROM, port does not open.

Any help is appreciated and many thanks in advance

---------- Post Merged at 02:45 PM ----------

I have bought the following cable:

ebay.co.uk/itm/1m-USB-to-RS232-Serial-9pin-DB9-Female-Converter-Adapter-Cable-Openbox-Skybox-/162021129911?hash=item25b9363eb7:g:TGQAAOSwU-pXqtZV

Tried this on V5s, cant get past sync STB's. I don't get the 'done' appear. Tried loads of times with powering up at a different times. No luck, any advise? New box?

Back