Remote record to H2S

I know there's a record capability using en2Player app though I've not tried it myself so don't know if it merely records to your device, or you can record to you h2s. Have a go and let's know.

Yeah using the Vu+ android app
You set up your box to allow remote access so then set up your app to connect to the public IP of the box.
But that's a big security risk and you need to make sure you change your password and double check your open ports otherwise everyone else in the internet can access your box

Hi Steve,

Cheers mate - how would I go about setting up to allow remote access or finding the public ip of the box (do you mean the 192.168.0.? address?

Thanks,

No the 192 bit is the IP address of your box( which you also need)
The public IP is basically what's assigned to your house lol
So go onto Google and type what's my IP and that will give you your public IP but you need to be on the same network as the zgemma.
Then download the Vu+ app and enable remote viewing , and log into your router and open ports to the zgemma but can't remember off hand which ones.
Oh and you need to change the password on the box

Yeah using the Vu+ android app
You set up your box to allow remote access so then set up your app to connect to the public IP of the box.
But that's a big security risk and you need to make sure you change your password and double check your open ports otherwise everyone else in the internet can access your box
Or, if your router is capable of acting as a VPN server, you can use a VPN client from your phone/tablet to appear as if you're back on your home network...

Random example: http://www.howtogeek.com/221001/how-to-set-up-your-own-home-vpn-server/

Brilliant, thanks mate.

How do I setup my box to allow remote access?

Thanks,

---------- Post Merged at 03:58 PM ----------

Brilliant, thanks mate.

How do I setup my box to allow remote access?

Thanks,

Guy's i've managed to get the box to allow me to watch pre-recorded items but can't seem to stream live tv, any ideas?

Cheers,

Back