Removing an iptv script

grahamer67

TK Veteran
So i took out an iptv sub several months ago onto my zgemma box, via a script using putty, i was wanting to know how i can remove this from my zgemma as it wasnt very good and i never re newed my subscription, do i remove using putty or if anyone knows any other way, i would be most grateful, thanks.

Ask your supplier, some of them have another Putty script that you can run which removes everything from the box or you could just re-flash the box.

Not using the provider anymore and not using iptv, he was a waste of time and no help when things went wrong, which was often.

Dependant on script, you can delete the iptv.sh file in /etc/enigma2. You would then need to delete all the bouquets that were created by the script, and then remove the line in the enigma2_pre_start.sh file that calls the iptv.sh file everytime you restart the box...

Best way though if you're not confident, would probably be to reflash the image...

tried several suggestion from here, but nothing worked, re flashed box yesterday and it was still there, although thats because i did a settings back up, i suppose

tried several suggestion from here, but nothing worked, re flashed box yesterday and it was still there, although thats because i did a settings back up, i suppose
If you have the install line that you used still, then you could PM it to me, and I can create you an uninstaller script for it...

I THINK IT WAS THROUGH AN EMAIL, WHICH I NO LONGER HAVE, BUT THANKS ANYWAY MATE AND THANKS TO YOUS OTHER GUYS TOO FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS, I WILL LEAVE IT FOR NOW AND GO BACK AT A LATER DATE, THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE.

So i found a pm from the provider and surprise surprise he sent me a command for putty to remove and guess what, it didnt work just like his service, i wish i could list this clowns name in order to warn folks to steer clear of him, suppose i have to just put it down to a bad experience.

Try go in boquets in the box press menu (enable move mode) go to the boquet and remove it.

then press menu again and disable move mode

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would just do an nice fresh image and configure everything the way you want it and then do a full backup. Then when you want to try out any other IPTV providers you have your nice clean image to fall back on and test another.
Pain in the bum I know but get the image spot on the way you want and then its done forever then. Well until you want to change the image of course :) Actually do a a backup of the settings as well once its the way you want it and you may be able to use the settings on the next image...providing its the same of course....ie ATV, blackhole

Back