Router ip

Status
Not open for further replies.

p5mk11

TK Supporter
Hello does anyone know how to change public IP address on a internet router? I’ve changed internet providers and don’t know how to change it on this router new one.

What router is it?

Generally done automatically unless the router was previously setup with a static IP previously.

What router is it?

Generally done automatically unless the router was previously setup with a static IP previously.
Yes. Usually it is provided by your ISP each time a connection is established to the internet. unless you request a static IP (for hosting or remote access) from your ISP.

@p5mk11 - you don’t mean the gateway/lan IP do you for internal access?

Your internet router will have 2 x IP addresses

- WAN address (used to communicate on the internet)
- LAN address (used to communicate to devices on internal network)

If you changed ISP then your WAN address will have changed. Your LAN address and CIDR range for DHCP won’t have changed and likely won’t need to be changed.

You can find your public IP from this site
The trusted source for IP address data, leading IP data provider

Can you explain what it is you are trying to achieve here? As I might be able to give more advice.

What router is it?

Fritzbox7530 new router.

I used to be with talktalk internet and it was easy to change on that router from internet connectivity.

No it doesn’t change automatically.

Yes. Usually it is provided by your ISP each time a connection is established to the internet. unless you request a static IP (for hosting or remote access) from your ISP.

@p5mk11 - you don’t mean the gateway/lan IP do you for internal access?
Yes it is provided by isp I asked my new isp that I want to change it and they said it’s not possible on this router, Unless I purchase it from there sales team.

No it’s not that it’s the IPv4 one I think

Most ISP's supply their own router that is preconfigured for their service. If you are using your own router instead then you will need to update the router settings to point to the new ISP endpoint that you need to authenticate with. You've not mentioned who your new ISP is, so I can't lookup this for you. At a high level this would be the process
  • Login to admin interface of your router
  • Find the page that is used to configure your modem settings to ISP
  • Change the username/password and endpoint to details of new ISP
The problem is not your public IP. Take a step back and think about this. If you haven't changed any settings on the router, how could it possibly know you've changed ISP and update it's settings automatically? This is why a lot of ISP's provide their own router, to save people having to change settings manually.

Most ISP's supply their own router that is preconfigured for their service. If you are using your own router instead then you will need to update the router settings to point to the new ISP endpoint that you need to authenticate with. You've not mentioned who your new ISP is, so I can't lookup this for you. At a high level this would be the process
  • Login to admin interface of your router
  • Find the page that is used to configure your modem settings to ISP
  • Change the username/password and endpoint to details of new ISP
The problem is not your public IP. Take a step back and think about this. If you haven't changed any settings on the router, how could it possibly know you've changed ISP and update it's settings automatically? This is why a lot of ISP's provide their own router, to save people having to change settings manually.
I’m with Zen internet now and they have provided me with Fritzbox router, my previous provider was talktalk and it was easier to do on that from internet connectivity.

im using there new router I’m not using my own one.

I also tried powering of the router for 5 minutes and it’s still the same ip address,

The main reason why I want to change the ip is because eBay & PayPal blacklist the ip address and if I change it I can get back on there.

They don’t like VPN I’ve tried it multiple times with vpn and they just block accounts.

Just to confirm, you do get internet access right now through Zen ISP and your current router?

It's VERY unlikely you have the same public IP when you change ISP. Each ISP will have a block of public IP addresses they use for their own customers. Some of them will set static IPs for each customer and some will use DHCP and your IP can change. Do you know for a fact that you have the same public IP, or do you just assume this because paypal and ebay are blocking you after changing ISP?

As long as internet is working from your new provider then VPN is probably the best solution. Cloudflare have an Excellent VPN that has low overhead and free. It can't do different geo locations, but it will most certainly bypass anything blocked by ISP

Link below to download Warp Client from Cloudflare (supports many OS)
https://1.1.1.1/

Just to confirm, you do get internet access right now through Zen ISP and your current router?

It's VERY unlikely you have the same public IP when you change ISP. Each ISP will have a block of public IP addresses they use for their own customers. Some of them will set static IPs for each customer and some will use DHCP and your IP can change. Do you know for a fact that you have the same public IP, or do you just assume this because paypal and ebay are blocking you after changing ISP?

As long as internet is working from your new provider then VPN is probably the best solution. Cloudflare have an Excellent VPN that has low overhead and free. It can't do different geo locations, but it will most certainly bypass anything blocked by ISP

Link below to download Warp Client from Cloudflare (supports many OS)
https://1.1.1.1/
Yes im using my new internet service which is zen and there new router which is called fritzbox 7530 model.

its not the same ip address as my previous internet provider it’s a new ip address, I think zen is using static but I’m not sure how to confirm it. After sometime eBay & PayPal suspend there accounts because they want ID proof and what I do when is change my ip address so everything looks normal without linking IPs.

They don’t like vpns being used on there platforms because they have been used and abused for the same reasons unless it’s a verified fresh vpn and there expensive those ones.

Yes im using my new internet service which is zen and there new router which is called fritzbox 7530 model.

its not the same ip address as my previous internet provider it’s a new ip address, I think zen is using static but I’m not sure how to confirm it. After sometime eBay & PayPal suspend there accounts because they want ID proof and what I do when is change my ip address so everything looks normal without linking IPs.

They don’t like vpns being used on there platforms because they have been used and abused for the same reasons unless it’s a verified fresh vpn and there expensive those ones.
You should probably raise this with your ISP and ask them what they suggest you do, as there is no workaround and it's their fault if their IP's are on some blocklist for Paypal and eBay, I would be looking to leave and I suspect legally you have good grounds for getting out of any contract if they cannot provide access to very popular internet sites.

The main reason why I want to change the ip is because eBay & PayPal blacklist the ip address and if I change it I can get back on there
If your internet providers IP address is banned by both Ebay and PayPal, it says more than a little something about them, no?
I'm not UK based and have never heard of Zen, but to be on a watchlist by being on a legit IP supplier is odd to me.

If you are provided with a static ip address by your provider you can’t change it …it is set by them and stays the same
it sounds to me like the op is getting the ban not zen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back