Router ip

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m with Zen internet now and they have provided me with Fritzbox router, my previous provider was talktalk and it was easier to do on that from internet connectivity.

im using there new router I’m not using my own one.

I also tried powering of the router for 5 minutes and it’s still the same ip address,

The main reason why I want to change the ip is because eBay & PayPal blacklist the ip address and if I change it I can get back on there.
As already pointed out, if PayPal have blocked you, changing providers or using different ip addresses will have no effect.
I can open my PayPal account from any country using any isp

Strange post this one, but anyway instead of a VPN try typing 1.1.1.1 into your browser and download that, other wise known as Cloudflare warp.

It enables me to access most sites my ISP are told to block.

They don’t like VPN I’ve tried it multiple times with vpn and they just block accounts.
what you mean block accounts? what error do you get if you try to log into ebay for example.

if you log in from multiple devices , multiple locations you will have a different ip each time, how can they block one ip, makes no sense.

If your internet providers IP address is banned by both Ebay and PayPal, it says more than a little something about them, no?
I'm not UK based and have never heard of Zen, but to be on a watchlist by being on a legit IP supplier is odd to me.
Sometimes websites blacklist your ip address and by changing the ip address it makes u look like a new customer so they don’t know who u are really. Zen internet is a small internet company they don’t promote on TV like others that’s why many people have not heard of it Sounds like a Chinese company but it’s not it’s uk based.

If you are provided with a static ip address by your provider you can’t change it …it is set by them and stays the same
it sounds to me like the op is getting the ban not zen
Can I change this if I call them?

As already pointed out, if PayPal have blocked you, changing providers or using different ip addresses will have no effect.
I can open my PayPal account from any country using any isp
Changing your ip address works if your ip is blacklisted or u can’t enter a website.

what you mean block accounts? what error do you get if you try to log into ebay for example.

if you log in from multiple devices , multiple locations you will have a different ip each time, how can they block one ip, makes no sense.
say for example if my account has been suspended by eBay and u want to login on your ebay acc using my Wi-Fi connection that will cause linkage and you’ll get blocked to if that makes sense.

Let me try and summarise what I believe is happening - please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
  • When you were with TalkTalk you were unable to get to Paypal of Ebay websites, as the public IP being used to reach those sites was blocked by destination (Paypal + eBay)
  • You changed to Zen ISP and the same issue continues
It does seem odd that both ISP's have issued you with an IP that is blocked by these sites. It is also odd that you couldn't use any VPN software on a device to circumvent this. When you connect to a VPN they are essentially proxying the traffic for you. I don't see why an ISP would block VPN usage. Put that together with the fact their public IP's are on block lists for 2 major websites, it doesn't sound like a very professional setup.

I will throw one more thing into the discussion and that is NAT (Network Address Translation). ISP's need a lot of public IP's to issue to their customers. If you are a small ISP then you may not have enough public IP's to give each customer their own IP. Therefore you can NAT the traffic for one IP to many IP's behind it solving the problem. The issue with this is that you now have lots of people using the same public IP to make requests to websites. The webserver receiving lots of requests from the same IP address will generally think all these hits coming from one source is malicious and then rate limit or block it. THIS is what I suspect has happened to Zen internet, probably because they are a small outfit. Why the same happened on Talktalk and why you are unable to use a VPN is a mystery to me. Zen really don't sound like a great company, I hope for your sake they were very cheap. I wouldn't stay with them if it were me.

I think Zen are highly rated as a company, with good product and support. I highly doubt they block VPN use.

Its been over 3 years since I was with Talk Talk but you could use a vpn then i you wanted.

i Think he’s been banned by eBay and hopes a change of ip address will sort it , if this is the case then you need to resolve the problem with eBay or open a new account with different details

Let me try and summarise what I believe is happening - please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
  • When you were with TalkTalk you were unable to get to Paypal of Ebay websites, as the public IP being used to reach those sites was blocked by destination (Paypal + eBay)
  • You changed to Zen ISP and the same issue continues
It does seem odd that both ISP's have issued you with an IP that is blocked by these sites. It is also odd that you couldn't use any VPN software on a device to circumvent this. When you connect to a VPN they are essentially proxying the traffic for you. I don't see why an ISP would block VPN usage. Put that together with the fact their public IP's are on block lists for 2 major websites, it doesn't sound like a very professional setup.

I will throw one more thing into the discussion and that is NAT (Network Address Translation). ISP's need a lot of public IP's to issue to their customers. If you are a small ISP then you may not have enough public IP's to give each customer their own IP. Therefore you can NAT the traffic for one IP to many IP's behind it solving the problem. The issue with this is that you now have lots of people using the same public IP to make requests to websites. The webserver receiving lots of requests from the same IP address will generally think all these hits coming from one source is malicious and then rate limit or block it. THIS is what I suspect has happened to Zen internet, probably because they are a small outfit. Why the same happened on Talktalk and why you are unable to use a VPN is a mystery to me. Zen really don't sound like a great company, I hope for your sake they were very cheap. I wouldn't stay with them if it were me.
When I was with talktalk i can use eBay & PayPal like normal but if I got suspended for some reason I would change the ip address which was easy to change on talktalk, No zen isp is fine I can go to any website but if I get blocked from entering a website with zen I won’t be able to use that website until I change my ip address.

It’s not the isp causing the problem it’s the rules on the website u use that’s why I decided to open a post on here someone might know how to change it for zen isp. And I can’t use a vpn because they are used and abused by other people for the sam thing that’s why I’m not using a vpn.

i Think he’s been banned by eBay and hopes a change of ip address will sort it , if this is the case then you need to resolve the problem with eBay or open a new account with different details
Yes that’s exactly correct creating new accounts u need a new ip to stop linkage.

Yes that’s exactly correct creating new accounts u need a new ip to stop linkage.
There's more to it than ip recognition.
You can change ip address as many times as you like but unless you also change the device you're using then it will be rejected by ebay/paypal

Why did you get banned from eBay/PayPal.

Be account blocked not ip blocked surely
His account has been blocked.
He's trying to open new accounts under different names but PayPal are rejecting his new registration, he thinks its due to the ip address being recognised.
He's incorrect.

Why did you get banned from eBay/PayPal.

Be account blocked not ip blocked surely
Because my old ip address is linked to my previous ebay account which was blocked and I’m trying to create a new account with the same ip address and they know it’s me because they got my old ip address on the blacklist if I change ip address somehow from this new router it will let me create one without any issues It’s definitely the ip address.

Have you cleared all cookies ? , if you’re not Using your phone then turn Wi-Fi off on your phone and then it will use its data so have a different ip address.

Your account was banned.
They sent a cookie that cannot be deleted.
Changing ip address has no effect.
Changing device will work but not if using any of the ip addresses already used before

Have you cleared all cookies ? , if you’re not Using your phone then turn Wi-Fi off on your phone and then it will use its data so have a different ip address.to
Yes I’ve cleared cookies from my device and everything created a new user on my laptop too so it’s not a cookie problem, I’m using home internet havent got mobile data.

Why would Ebay or PayPal ban you?? It certainly doesn't sound like you are using it for ordinary purposes.
We can probably help, but not if you're scamming people.

Yes I’ve cleared cookies from my device and everything created a new user on my laptop too so it’s not a cookie problem, I’m using home internet havent got mobile data.
You can't clear the cookies that are stopping you from creating a new account but you appear to be living in a world of your own so please continue using every Internet connection and vpn on the planet and see how you get on, you really think a multi-billion dollar global company is going to be fooled by someone using the pub WiFi?

Why would Ebay or PayPal ban you?? It certainly doesn't sound like you are using it for ordinary purposes.
We can probably help, but not if you're scamming people.
I’m using eBay to sell high risk items and then I move onto the next acc and plus I need to keep creating PayPal accounts because I can’t keep using one acc again and again, I’m not scamming nobody I give the customers what they buy and move on.

You can't clear the cookies that are stopping you from creating a new account but you appear to be living in a world of your own so please continue using every Internet connection and vpn on the planet and see how you get on, you really think a multi-billion dollar global company is going to be fooled by someone using the pub WiFi?
When u create a new username on a laptop all cookies get cleared so that’s not a issue with me I done it before and it works pal, its just the ip address don’t know how to change it on this router because it’s a new setup.

I have tried using a vpn before and they suspend the accounts straight away and they are cracked VPNS which means they have been used before for the same thing by other people. I’m not sure i don’t use the pub Wi-Fi so don’t really know pal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back