Second TV ?

harri247

Any way to output to a second TV ?
box downstairs connected to TV in living room, would like to connect to bedroom TV as well, like the sly magic eye
any ideas anyone ?

There's a thread on here that explains what you want, you should always look for your answer first and if you can't find it then post a new thread...

If u can use ur phone as remote just get mercury rfmodulator. If u used rf out on skybox turn mercury box to ch36 and you wont even have to retune upstairs tv

Thanks for the reply paddyh, I did try the search function, and looked through the first couple of pages, maybe I should have been a bit more thorough

thanks sucmnsee. Just what I was looking for :) does the zgemma output simultaneous through the hdmi and composites ? I have the dream box app for the phone, which seems to be ok. Dare I ask if anyone knows of anything better. And thanks for the excellent image :))

I think in previous posts someone mentioned using a droid stick on 2nd tv which then allowed streaming using openwebif plugin on the box

quick update.
got the mercury 350 modulator [£16] all connected up using the same cable i had run for the sly magic eye. all working fine :) bit of a drop in pic quality, but ok for upstairs.
messed about with a few apps and so far have found dreamdroid for android stuff the best, and dreambox lite for the ipad works well. couldnt get an of the apps i tried to auto detect the box and had to enter the IP address manually, which is a bit of a pain as it keeps changing.
thanks again for all the replies.

You can set an ip address for your reciever so it never changes by logging into your hub. It's called a static ip. Also try timote for Android for me its the best (for streaming) and dream box remote control for the control only.

---------- Post Merged at 06:20 PM ----------

For the quality issue get an aerial amplifier

You can also keep IP the same by disabling DHCP on the box in network settings - but not sure if this affects anything else on it

Back