Setting up a OpenBox V8S HD for the first time

How do I connect Openbox v8s to wifi?

I have it active but theres nowhere to put in my wifi password?

I've also added my cccam line but cant see where to enable it

tried entering 6666 and no secret menu appears

You need to update the firmware---check out the other threads in openbox.
Your box is loaded with the fta firmware.
Reaper.

right ive updated firmware, nothing new added?

managed to find secret menu, cccam line is added but says offline

how do I connect to web? Do I need a wifi dongle?

EDIT:

Plugged in wifi dongle, still wont work?

Last edited:
EPG not working at present---howto in dummies guide above.Use a formatted usb key for file when it starts working again
Reaper

Hi guys, this is my first post to the thread. I've just bought a box and it is up and running but with no EPG working. I'm about to download the dummies guide to see if there's anything in there. I think there is probably an update available that I can put on the box but how do I back up the settings for the server I'm using before I do it?

Please read the forum before you ask questions.
The answer to the epg is all over this site, other forums and google---there ain't no epg available at present, someone or something has broken itlol.
Reaper.

Hi Reaper, I was referring to a complete firmware update, not just the XMLTV epg. I have read through the forum a lot and see that the XMLTV EPG isn't working right now but I still want to make sure I have the latest firmware.

If your box is working ok then do not --I repeat do not tempt fate and upgrade. The best firmware for the V8s is oct 2014 as this was and is the most stable. There is really zero new in any of the recent upgrade files.
So--if it works then leave it.
All files can be found at Downloads.
Always store a back up of your line somewhere on your pc. [dump a copy to a formatted usb key and store]
Remember that before you use a usb key to upgrade, dump or add channel list then format to Fat32 everytime.
Reaper.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll skip any upgrade then. Can you tell me why this box has connections for 2 satellite inputs when it only has a single tuner? As far as I aware, I can only record the channel I'm watching?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, i won't change the firmware then as it's working perfectly right now. Recording quality is awesome too. Why are there 2 satellite inputs on the back for a unit with a single tuner though? I have a channel list installed from a well known provider, but it is missing some channels. Is there any way to add them?

---------- Post Merged at 11:58 PM ----------

Ok, so i downloaded and updated the channel list - it was quite easy and successful, I've got all my channels now. I've also realised that the second connector on the back of the box is a loop channel. Can i take a patch lead from this into my Sky box then? It would be handy if I could as my wife can't use the openbox and it would make the transition easier!

Back