Setting up a OpenBox V8S HD for the first time

Hey guys, just ordered my V8S today. Found this forum and reaper's guide. Gotta post once to access... so... WOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!

[EDIT] Welp, i posted, logged out, logged in, still can't get to guide. Has it been taken down? Says "invalid attachment specified". BOO HOOO!

:)

Last edited:
Ordered one of these today, been looking round the net for some advice and came across this. Thought I'd sign up to say thanks for the great advice all :)

I'm new here too! Hi everyone. Used to use the old starview box, but moved and didnt have cable... just ordered fibre broadband, so of course also looking at ordering an openbox!
You guys seem to be the ones that can help :grin:

Hi anybody on here know how to find a hidden wifi network on the skybox v8s the guys who am trying to set up is a private 1

Hi

Yet another new member here.

I have bought a V8S with a 12 month gift.

Not too impressed so far.

I lost the channels as they were scrambled , so I carried out an update.

The channels were fine for a few days - now most are scrambled again.
Added to this - the picture freezes.
I am hard wired to the router and my broadband is approx 3.5Mbs
The seller is blaming my broadband connection
Next - the EPG shows but does not populate so I dont know whats on .

Getting very annoyed and think I have wasted my money.
The instruction booklet is poor and I dont know what half the buttons on the remote do .
The channel list is also confusing.

I know Sky is expensive , but it is user friendly.

Can anyone make this new experience a pleasure please ?

I am quite new to this as well Coupe, but from what I have Sussed so far, the quality of picture has a lot to do with who you bought your gift from. Where did you get your box and gift ? My EPG is the same.

Hi

it was Ebay seller markb7785

Not happy with the box , in particular the lack of user instructions , the freezing picture , the scrambled channels etc

Hope I can sort it - or at least find some one that can help a computer numpty get this box working right with a decent interface

Do a search on here about eBay sellers, maybe this name will come up. I know how you feel I was left high and dry by my seller ,admittedly after I had made a bad mistake with my box(deleted my line or gift info) but they just blanked me, I'm pretty sure someone will come forward and help you, I'm afraid I don't know enough to hand out advice.

Hello Reaper,

I've had my Openbox V8S for a while now and I couldn't be happier. I've recently set up XMLTV EPG (thanks to your other thread) which has improved the viewing experience 10 fold although it seems like I'm only scratching the surface to this boxes features from all the options I see in the menu.

You mentioned DLNA and IPTV. Can you explain briefly what they are? and are there any other features I can take advantage off?

Thanks
BatnBall89

Last edited:
DLNA--allows you to link to box from PC and watch stored films or streaming etc.
IPTV--internet protocol tv--self explanatory --more via google.
Reaper.

So does the dummies guide have web tv instructions (This is my first post so I will now be able to read the guide and see for myself :))

There is a file on yojiatech.com to show how to install and update web tv [use google translator for the hard bits lol]
Reaper.

Back