Sky and cable

Yes, you can only view 1 tuner at a time though. It's possible to record sly whilst watching cable.
You would need a dual line or 2 lines (1 x sat 1 x cable)

No, not at all
If your watching a sly channel the turn over to a cable channel there is no issue (you might get a slight delay) you certainly dont have to disable tuners.
If you have a receiver with 4 tuners you would still only be able to view 1 tuner, you wouldn't need to disable 3 tuners to watch the 1 if that makes sense

Hi dangerous. How do you keep both tuners on all the time so switching betwen Sat and Vm is quick?

I have a Zgemma H2 twin tuner (Cable and sat). I have both cables plugged in for Sat and cable. It works OK (On any provider)but when I try to switch between Cable and Sat (and vice versa) It takes 35 secs for the Mgcamd to switch in to display pay channels for that provider.

However, when switching and if I'm quick, I can quickly go into Menu/info panel/Softcam Panel and manually restart Cam (mgcamd 1.38rl) and this connects quicker.

Why doesn't the Cam remain on for both Sat and Vm Cable at all times when I can record one and watch another channel?

Is this normal or have I set something up wrong?

as long as both lines are in the same config and using the same cam there shouldnt be that sort of time delay

The only reasons you could get a big delay like that is if your harddrive has gone to sleep or you have timeshift on otherwise I have never experienced that 35sec is fairly long time.

I have a time delay of 35 secs between sly and vm switching. I cant seem to keep the other side on if not viewed. Both lines are in Var/keys

The mgcamd seems to switch off for that provider that I'm not watching. But if i'm quick after switching to the other provider, I can manually restart the Mgcamd in a few secs (boing into menu/infopanel..) and it then it connects to that provider

What you got 2 x N lines?
Can you send me your mg_cfg file
I'll PM you my email address

Last edited:
are there delays from sat to cable and cable to sat?

my guess is that its just when you go from a sat channel to a cable channel and not the other way round ;-)

are there delays from sat to cable and cable to sat?

my guess is that its just when you go from a sat channel to a cable channel and not the other way round ;-)

No, it does not matter which provider I choose. Its 35 secs to switch between the two as stated in my original post.

If I put the box in standby and get up the next day and switch it on, it takes 35 secs to connect to Any provider. Once connected to That provider I can switch between channels on That provider. If I switch to the Other provider its 35 secs unless I quickly go into menu/sotfpanel and restart the cam then it connects almost immediately to the new provider.

If I connect to one provider then switch to another provider (and wait 35 secs) I can switch instantly back to the previous provider and the channels are instant for both providers (Sly and Vm). So the Cam is active for both providers. Providing I'm constantly switching between the channels all is OK (keeping cam is on). Watch one provider for any length of time longer than 10 mins and the other provider switches off and it 35 secs to switch back on.

Thank you to all for all your help. I'm sure its just a stupid setting??

Back