Sky plus multi room and open box ?

Ontap

Have sky+ with one box in lounge and a second in wifes bedroom , i am tied into cintract until november , wondered is it technically possible to have an open box in another room and connect to existing dish ?
cheers joe.

Plenty on fleabay that way you should be able to run all 3 boxes without hassle

Am a pretty handy guy ( retired heating eng ) have all the tools but looking at pics of this thing it will involve replacing the " arm " on the dish , which will leave me with a headache to try and refit at tge correct level/setting, so might have to get satellite eng' in ..

You shouldnt have to change the arm if its a sky dish You can get LNB adaptors for dish if you have a old type normaly about £1 It is very easy to do if you can reach your dish Just look at the slight angle on the lnb and replace it with new 1 Try not to move your dish at all

Great will have a look in the morning , inlive in a bungalow so i can reach easily with steps , cheers.

---------- Post Merged at 11:31 PM ----------

Just a thought tich , i will have lookin the morning but i assume i have a 4 way lnb at the moment , it feeds 2x skyplus boxes. Could i disconnect one of the cables ( one of the two records ) at tge dish and the use that port for the new cable to my skybox, the skyplus box in the bedroom is rarely used to record aything.

yes you can do that, have fun working out which is which though lol either lot of running backward and forward or lots of shouting from one person to another lol just fire up both boxes, go to settings, look for the signal test, leave them both on screen, unplug a cable and when one of the bars on screen goes off then thats the one. One thing you have to bear in mind is if you want the box in a room other than where the cable is then you will have to run the cable to wherever you want it.

Last edited:
Thanks , was just going to disco one lead from bedroom box if pic stayed on then thats recoed lead and vice versa , i can easily follow those two leads from box to dish.

Back