Sky price changes

I would be more worried about them screwing with my credit score.
Ive never bought anything on credit.
And I don't think it would make any difference anyway. Years ago there was no such thing as a credit score and everyone managed to get credit, these Experian and other data mining companies only exist to frighten people into behaving themselves, if you have a Halifax account and that's the one that the DD was with, what's stopping you using your NatWest account when getting a credit score?

Ive never bought anything on credit.
And I don't think it would make any difference anyway. Years ago there was no such thing as a credit score and everyone managed to get credit, these Experian and other data mining companies only exist to frighten people into behaving themselves, if you have a Halifax account and that's the one that the DD was with, what's stopping you using your NatWest account when getting a credit
Your credit score follows across multiple bank accounts. Here's an example. you want to buy a car on finance the lower your credit score the more the Apr will be because you are a risk to the banks. Another you want to buy a house if you have a crap credit score the less chance you have of getting a mortgage. Even if you get a mortgage you could be paying far more than other people per month and that might just mean the difference between being able to affording your own place and not. Mobile phone contracts also the same.

So I assume it's a promotional offer that ended, 12months at such price and an 18month contract. If that's the case there's nothing you can do as you agreed to the terms. As mentioned above you can cancel your dd and mess up credit score which I wouldn't recommend
Even asking for an early cancellation will still cost hundreds.

My plan would be ask to talk to a superior and explain your circumstances. State you are willing to alter your package and remove certain parts or even lower broadband speed. State if they can't offer a deal then State you're struggling and will have to cancel your dd as its simply too much

It really depends on the person you get, but I would try to avoid retentions as they know they don't have to give you anything in your situation.

Another option, Might be better contacting customer services and even ask to set up a payment plan for an early cancellation Fee.

Lastly, try to find evidence that they have breached a part of their contract, broadband speed guarantee is usually the best way. It may even help take the cost of early cancellation down

Sly have been doing this for years. I get it every year. Sign up for a 2 year deal then a few months later they are putting the price up. I then always look at the best price available at the time for new customers, complain like hell and they always match the price. It's just the way sly do business. I only have broadband with them so it's easy to deal with but I know with some of their packages you need to study the deal and check exactly what you are signing up for.

Sorry yes I had deals on both. but seems I was paying over the bloody odds anyway. I don't get how they do this.
You have to tell them that when you took your contract out it was that much you were paying but since the price has almost double you have the right to cancel it due to the fact that you didn't take into consideration it will go that high and it's not going up together with the inflation but instead going higher than that

Back