Skybox F3 Setup What Do I Need?

No still not working mate. I'll have another go when I get home

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Sorry, misread your post

Have you tried what I posted in thread 25 of the tutorial ?

That will eliminate a typo when entering the line. Could easily be that.

Click on cfg file you created and check what the properties look like.
compare it with the pictures in post 25 of the tutorial

When your line is in you should see a little green tick at the end of it also
it will say connected. If it's not connected to the server you should see not active.
You can check in the Manage Config Files part.

If not press the "active" button on your remote. Then reboot your box.

If you think you have a connection problem have a quick look at your
router. If I have a lead connected at a port in my router I get a green light at the front
and it flickers on and off as data is transferred if the box is switched on.

I can connect a lead at my router, but if nothing is connected at the other end of the cable
I don't get a light at the front. If the box is connected but on standby, I get an
orange light on the router.

Your ethernet cable will flick on and off green behind your box too when if your the cable is connected whether your line is running or not.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice in this thread.. I've got my F5 today and fumbled my was through it.. not there fully yet as I'm getting some channels showing scrambled, some showing no signal and some clearing all on a test line... so it could be a late night tonight :whacko:

UPDATE:

I re-entered the MGCAMD , That I was given several times, to no avail, I checked all the connections again, tried again and somehow it worked. I HAVE CHANNELS :yay: I still really want to be able to enter C lines via USB. my problem seems to be that I cannot seem to create a .cfg file properly, it always shows up as a text document.

I need to be able to do this before I start scouting around for test lines and a proper subscription.

Thanks for all your help to get me to where I am gang. Only a few steps left, and I'll be a pro lol

Wheelo we had faith in you all the way... you was just so determined it could only end one way..!! Grab that remote.. and feet up..!! lol

Read post 25 in the tutorial.

Change the "encoding" to from ANSI to Unicode
when you save the file

Bees - done plus thanks for your help
As for your faith in me Ted - that's just misguided lol

Look at me all growed up. I went and got a three day "taster" n line, put it on the usb and loaded it no problem.

I also added a new channel list.

I now want to know how to add a new category to the favourites to make it simple for the missus to follow. I want to put in it the 18 channels I have currently on upc basic package. . . . Anyone point me to a tutorial, or tell me how it's done?
Cheers again

Last edited:
I knew you would sort it there was too much determination in ireland to allow anything less ..!! So when the next person comes in here for F3 help and you think..yep i had that same problem and this what i did....!! lol.. Now you can put your feet up.. lol

Cheers Ted,
In my experience, if things go too easily, you learn nothing, it is only when you come across some hurdles that you start learning.
Also I am too feckin nosy - I now want to know how to do everything that I can do with this box(without bricking it lol)
Wheelo

clines

I didn't like to mention "the incident" about the null cable LOL
a proper daft question but what is a cline and when I get the f3 will there be instruction on how to obtain one? on the assumption that one is needed to get all thd channels!

Read the tutorial in the F3 section, all of the threads in it.
It will give you a good idea what you need to do to get your box up and running

Post a request in this thread here

For your C or N line

a proper daft question but what is a cline and when I get the f3 will there be instruction on how to obtain one? on the assumption that one is needed to get all thd channels!

As Bees says, there are many threads in the F3 section telling you what you need. this one is for people starting from scratch, with no sat dish, nothing.
One question I will answer is that a cline is what you need to get the channels, ad Bees link brings you to a place where you can request all the info on them.

Hi. Fairly new to all of this so apologies in advance. Does the model of my receiver determine which kind of servers I can use? I have a skybox f3. Also, what is recommended. Cheers

Bee did you get someone in liverpool to put yours up for u? Im over the water so if so how much did they charge ?

Put a few up now, it's not that complicated, you can get a zone 2 dish off ebay for £25, with a build in spirit level.
Don't know how much people are charging to supply and fit., why don't you buy one, put it up so it's near enough by eye,
and see if you can get a sky installer to line it up for you and drop him a tenner. there are always loads of vans knockin about lol

Or you could have a read here

Back