skybox f5s, channels corresponding tp list

hi all,
at my wits end, not really being a techy know all my self but am struggling to narrow down a problem I'm having, woke up xmas morning and no sky movies/sports, nick toons and sky news,
after much searching around and messing with firmware/channel lists and reboots/fresh installs, I noticed that my transponder code, doesn't match what my neighbours does, he has same box and same line from same supplier, yet his works, is there any way to change the transponder code, if that's what it's called? on tp list sky news falls under number 88, 12460MHz 29624Ks/s H but my neighbours is 12207 27500 V,
any help on how to overcome this would be massively appreciated,, cheers folks

When was the last time you updated your channel list? It might just be out of date.

Although I don't know why this should have happened on Xmas day, as no changes are made over the Xmas period.

Your TP is wrong for $ly News. I get the same info as your neighbour.

yeah it's very odd, but I do my channel list regularly, almost weekly, no sky movies, or sky sports or sky news, ultimately what am after is any info on how I can revert the tp for the channels with the wrong number listing in tp list, got my head severely gazumped

yeah it's very odd, but I do my channel list regularly, almost weekly, no sky movies, or sky sports or sky news, ultimately what am after is any info on how I can revert the tp for the channels with the wrong number listing in tp list, got my head severely gazumped

I'm not sure how the TP could have changed to the wrong one after you have installed a channel list. The frequency & symbol rate & H/V are part of the channel list information.

So if you press the info button while on $ly News, the info under the channel name says "FQ 12460 H SR 29624" instead of "FQ 12207 V SR 27500".

I know it shouldn't really matter, but have you tried deleting your current channel list before installing the latest one? Who's channel list do you use (AJ or CWAITE/sattv5)?

Have you tried deleting your channel list, then doing a blind scan?

yes, always delete channels before installing new one, as a rule I use wales sat list, but since this problem occurred I've tried, 2 different one, but exactly the same thing happens, although when I try another, it might re add sky news, and another might add sky sports 1, so there's definitely something go on with the tp lists

Have you checked your LNB setting? (Antenna setting, Universal 9750/10600)
Not sure if it helps but might be worth a check.

EDIT:
Also will add that:
sky news HD shows 12460 H SR 29600
Sky news standard shows 12207 V SR 27500

30122014143.jpg

Last edited:
yes, all been checked, you name it it's been tried, my transponder codes are wrong for certain channels, cannot fathom out (a) how it happened or (b) how to revert them back, ajsat don't solve it, neither to wales sat list or any other that I've tried, firmware reset doesn't fix it, as it is I've just purchased an icloud 2 box so getting rid of this anyway but would love to know why it's done it and how to resolve it, someone suggested the tuner inside the box is skewiff but would cost just as much to repair as it would to get new box? so just upgraded to the box mentioned, just waiting on delivery

On tp list sky news falls under number 88, 12460MHz 29624Ks/s H but my neighbours is 12207 27500 V,

Yeah its just in your original post you said your sky news doesn,t match your neighbours but it matches what shows on mine. Openbox v5s
Thats why I took a picture of my TV. Maybe you checked his on standard and yours on HD.
Plus if you check King of sat it also corresponds correctly.

mine doesn't match yours either?

Not sure what you mean. The frequency on mine is the same as what you described.

Sky news HD shows 12460 H
Not sure what the SR means. 29600? (Always baffled me with that one. :grin: )

Sky news standard definition shows 12207 V SR 27500 same has your neighbours?

All rest of my channels work fine.

No I think every looks OK from what you describe, But am just basing it on your original post and what you said with sky news HD and sky news normal?
(Plus your readings and your neighbours and hopefully you check HD on yours and standard on your neighbours?)

But if you need any other channels checking just ask. :)

so do you have any idea as to why there are no movie channels? no sky sports? as well as no nick toons, some adult are the same, for example nick toons is 12266 H 27500

No idea why your missing channels? Movies sport and such like?
But my Nick toons just checked it for you. All looks ok on the frequency you describe.

30122014144.jpg

Just wondered if its wise to to re-download your list and try again with it in case its been interupted while downloading in the first place, That might explain the missing items.
Or do like suggested above and do a blind scan?

very strange, just wanna get it back to normal, as I've said I'm waiting on an icloud 2 box so will just get shot of this but no good if it can't display the right channels :(

No idea really on what's gone on for you, But might be wise to have a little mess around while you wait on the new box?
Try get your USB stick and dump your neighbours list onto it and upload it on to yours. (Worth a try. :))

Anyway good luck on the new box, Sounds nice from what I,ve read in the forums.

Back