Slyk Skin Mods v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amended my EPG splash screen to still allow the user to select a certain bouquet of their choice before entering the full EPG.

I utilised the free space there was below the mini tv screen and put the bouquet selection list in here.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1anlfixzvc9vr20/AABmcd4kEUKXxxD7NrVPOBAJa?dl=0

0b08d2ffa0dafbd993ed4bac840ef87a.jpg

Just need someone now to create a fully working python script to download 6 new images to replace the toppicks daily/weekly

Last edited:
Amended my EPG splash screen to still allow the user to select a certain bouquet of their choice before entering the full EPG.

I utilised the free space there was below the mini tv screen and put the bouquet selection list in here.

cecdcb61dabfe0a4fe52b8d5be53d726.jpg

Just need someone now to create a fully working python script to download 6 new images to replace the toppicks daily/weekly
Great work m8 where do you ftp the files in your Dropbox to get this working?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

<!-- infobar picons -->
<!-- MOD -->

<!-- 1 = Picons -->
<!-- 2 = No Picons (default) -->
<!-- -siilver = Picon in now, next and later infobar -->

<!-- edit both panels -->

<screen name="InfobarPicon">
<panel name="InfobarPicon-siilver" />
</screen>

<screen name="SecondInfobarPicon">
</screen>

ok not sure if this is a problem but when I put in secondinfobarpicon-siilver there was no picon when I pressed ok twice tried secondinfobarpicon2 and that but it back in but on top of info so stuck in Infobarpicon-silver so that it stays in place when I press ok

I see see why you mean
i will sort that out

sorry about that

You need to have slyk fully updated to newest update, and then ftp extras.xml, mymods.xml and skin.xml to the main slyk-1-hd folder. Then ftp file tv-picon... to kiddacs folder called mybackgrounds and then youll need to create a new folder in slyk-1-hd called skyicons and ftp the rest of my png files to there.

Iv v5 setup with most mod do i still have to update it to latest version that kiddac updated today?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

<!-- infobar picons -->
<!-- MOD -->

<!-- 1 = Picons -->
<!-- 2 = No Picons (default) -->
<!-- -siilver = Picon in now, next and later infobar -->

<!-- edit both panels -->

<screen name="InfobarPicon">
</screen>

<screen name="SecondInfobarPicon">
</screen>

ok not sure if this is a problem but when I put in secondinfobarpicon-siilver there was no picon when I pressed ok twice tried secondinfobarpicon2 and that but it back in but on top of info so stuck in Infobarpicon-silver so that it stays in place when I press ok

that should be it fixed sorry

rw-download and ftp back to your box sorry

Last edited:

Very clever :) Looks good ;

I've managed to find all official top picks images at a good enough resolution for this screen now :

EPG-Bouquet.jpg

I also changed the white text 'Today's Top Picks' the same as the other text on the screen

It's a brilliant piece of work your mod, just a couple of questions - at the top where it says 'tv guide' is it a possibility it could be changed to 'Top Picks' or will that then show on the actual epg too?

Also, under each pic, you have TV Guide, Box Sets, Sport etc - is it possible to wrap a blue background around the text slightly darker to the main background to mirror official sly look?

Hopefully one of our tk masterminds could put together a python for image changes in the future :)

Thanks gman

Edit forgot to include the official sly screenshot, otherwise not many will know what i'm rambling on about haha!!

Sky_-_Top_Picks_-_Home_Page.jpg

Last edited:

0b08d2ffa0dafbd993ed4bac840ef87a.jpg

Just added this mod. Excellent work gmanpanthro, the option to allow the user to select a certain bouquet of their choice before entering the full EPG. Great. Again many thanks.

Here is my mods xlm for Slyk 1 HD v5.106
this one is slightly different to the last, you should be able to turn the mods on and off in the extras.xml.

So in this one we have

Easy turn on turn off

Skin logo to flat logo or you can your own in with out touching the originals
Sly Tabs Hack Unused Tabs Grey
Infobar Picon Moved into Infobar with now next and later (working on the adding the old infobar too)
EPG current time highlight changeable to skygold
tv/radio button picon centred and background removed and preview tv text removed

to turn these ones on and off you open the extras file and just edit the section that has a mod tag at it

Not so easy turn on turn off

EPG Description Text Smaller Size
Movie Description Text Smaller Size
Menu / EPG / TV Video Picture Preview - Name Removed
Numberzap Text Smaller Size
Second Infobar Description Text Smaller Size
Quick EPG Infobar Description Text Smaller Size
Infobar Description Text Smaller Size

how to turn on and off the other mods

eg :

#######################################

<!-- Infobar Description Size -->
<!-- inforbar.xml -->

<!--
<screen name="SecondInfoBar1" >
dskfjlngdrlifgh 9rtp jufiodv
df;novx dijfdg
just filled with diffeent codes doesnt matter
</screen>
-->

####################################

just add in the bold text in this place or on the same line to turn the mod off
or just remove all the text in-between the the ####################################

I'm only testing this way out if people can't work it or just don't like it

Download

drag and drop in to your slyk-1-hd folder
and restart gui when you have made changes

Dont shout if they are broke
i am trying new things out
i hope it all works
you will need Slyk 1 HD v5.105 installed
Trying to make it easier for people

this is testing still

---------- Post Merged at 04:32 PM ----------

Seems I was late to the game
we are now on 5.106 lol

now updated for 5.106

now updated to 5.106

any problems please let me know

I've managed to find all official top picks images at a good enough resolution for this screen now :

View attachment 19511

I also changed the white text 'Today's Top Picks' the same as the other text on the screen

It's a brilliant piece of work your mod, just a couple of questions - at the top where it says 'tv guide' is it a possibility it could be changed to 'Top Picks' or will that then show on the actual epg too?

Also, under each pic, you have TV Guide, Box Sets, Sport etc - is it possible to wrap a blue background around the text slightly darker to the main background to mirror official sly look?

Hopefully one of our tk masterminds could put together a python for image changes in the future :)

Thanks gman

Edit forgot to include the official sly screenshot, otherwise not many will know what i'm rambling on about haha!!

View attachment 19512

Like this you mean?

4209d4e780e4a39cf390d1e3b5fbd293.jpg

That looks mint that does, hats off to u guys for modding it and hoping for fully functional layout eventually... But Rome wernt built in a day... Keep up the good work fellas

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

View attachment 19511

Thanks gman

View attachment 19512

Like this you mean?

4209d4e780e4a39cf390d1e3b5fbd293.jpg

yes gman -exactly like that :grin: - is there now another updated version? thanks

Yeah just download my mymods.xml file and ull need to manually edit one line so that you can have Top Picks at the top. I personally prefer TV Guide so im leaving it as that as default.

For Top Picks you need to edit this part. So where it says panel name="v5-tv-guide" to say panel name="v5-top-picks"

Code:
<!-- epg.xml -->
<!-- epg - show bouquet on launch -->
<screen name="BouquetSelector" position="0,0" size="1280,720" backgroundColor="black" transparent="0" flags="wfNoBorder" title="Select a bouquet">
<panel name="templateBouquet" />
<panel name="v5-tv-guide" />
<panel name="sly-bouquet" />

Thanks gman, haven't installed your latest files yet as i was playing around with the tv preview screen.

I have managed to get it so it sits in line with the top picks, to mirror official sly :

1_0_19_E13_24_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0.jpg

Although, once in EPG, it stays the same size :

1_0_19_E13_24_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0 (1).jpg

result is also the same for menu screens , but the bouquet list (tv button) is still unaltered :

1_0_19_E13_24_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg

is there a way i can keep the current size with the top picks screen, but reduce the size back to normal on other screens? I'm guessing there should be a way of doing this as the bouquet list is still a smaller preview screen

Any help appreciated!!

If it's not possible it's no problem, but hoping it is!!

thanks

Yes ull need to create a new screen name just for that epg splash screen for the video.

So eg call it t3-tv and change the size to the parameters that youve come up with to get it to match sky.

Code:
<screen name="t1-tv">
<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="893,75" size="330,190" backgroundColor="transparent" transparent="1" />
        <eLabel  position="898,80" size="320,180" backgroundColor="transparent" zPosition="4"/>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="898,229" size="320,24" font="Bold;21" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="transparent" borderWidth="1" borderColor="black" transparent="1" valign="center" halign="center" noWrap="1" zPosition="5">
<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
</widget>
</screen>

Then at the very top of my mymods.xml file youll see a screen name called templateBouquet. In here change t1-tv to t3-tv and it should change back to normal when you go back to full EPG.

gman, you're the man! really happy with the mod with my added in personal pref :grin: massive thumbs up!

what do you think?

1_0_19_E13_24_F020_FFFF0000_0_0_0 (4).jpg

Last edited:
Yes ull need to create a new screen name just for that epg splash screen for the video.

So eg call it t3-tv and change the size to the parameters that youve come up with to get it to match sky.

Code:
<screen name="t1-tv">
<widget source="session.VideoPicture" render="Pig" position="893,75" size="330,190" backgroundColor="transparent" transparent="1" />
<eLabel position="898,80" size="320,180" backgroundColor="transparent" zPosition="4"/>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="898,229" size="320,24" font="Bold;21" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="transparent" borderWidth="1" borderColor="black" transparent="1" valign="center" halign="center" noWrap="1" zPosition="5">
<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
</widget>
</screen>
Then at the very top of my mymods.xml file youll see a screen name called templateBouquet. In here change t1-tv to t3-tv and it should change back to normal when you go back to full EPG.

gman, you're the man! really happy with the mod with my added in personal pref :grin: massive thumbs up!

what do you think?

View attachment 19518

Looks good, what would the new code be please grantdavy91.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back