Solo 2 - Run Sky and Virgin channels together

nasifkhan

Hi,
I have a Solo 2 with openvix-5.0.016.
I have 2 Satellite feeds and 1 cable feed from the VU+ Turbo USB. All tuners configured and they all pick up channels.

I am using MGCamd 1.38 with a N Line

I have had a look at the following link but i do not want to ressurect an old post. Also, there is no info on what has happened and whether it worked:-

http://www.techkings.org/threads/anyone-running-virgin-and-sky-on-the-vu-solo.123693/

Having switched from Sly to Virmin, is it possible to have both channels running at the same time.
For example, some channels are not on Virmin but they are on Sly.
I would like to have the missing channels on Virmin to be included from Sly in my channel list.
Is this something that can be done?

Yes, run oscam m8, that will let you run both sat & cable, but you will need to lines if required...

I just about got mgcamd to work.
Is oscam better than mgcamd?
I can get a line where the guy is offering a VM line which can be used on 3 boxes on same IP.
All premium channels I want are on VM anyway. It's just some free channels on sly is what I want.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Then you dont need a line for your free sat channels, so, use Mgcamd with your Vermin line m8

Scan sat the usual way m8, and then set-up ABM for your cable channels, you need to know your Net Id, and your local cable area [ TELEWEST...PURE...NTL... ] in AMB...

Having switched from Sly to Virmin, is it possible to have both channels running at the same time.
For example, some channels are not on Virmin but they are on Sly.
I would like to have the missing channels on Virmin to be included from Sly in my channel list.
Is this something that can be done?

Hi yes it can if you're on a later image goto plugins then green to download plugins then system plugins choose dsayerscustommiximporter then configure it following these instructions http://www.techkings.org/threads/dsayers-custommix-importer-sat-and-cable-mixer.120391/.

If it doesn't show in download plugins then you can use the ipk in that thread.

This will replace all the dead channels with virgin

tried it and it says tune failed.
"Plugin to install my latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
Unzip and ftp the ipk tmp"

Where do I FTP this?

Just to clarify - I have the VM line and want to add FTA Sat channels to the VM ABM. The FTA Sat channels are mainly International ones.

Abm said tune failed? Sounds like a netid issue or tuner config.

To install ipk you need to ftp/copy it to tmp folder.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

tried it and it says tune failed.
"Plugin to install my latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml
Unzip and ftp the ipk tmp"

Where do I FTP this?

Just to clarify - I have the VM line and want to add FTA Sat channels to the VM ABM. The FTA Sat channels are mainly International ones.
You don't want the ipk version use the custommix in the second link that will add all Sat FTA channels to vm order.

it says
"Sky UK yes
Sky UK your area custom - I've selected central milands SD as I cannot find the HD version of this. I am just outside of Birmingham, West Midlands
"no need to generate bouquets." - I've selected everything under Sky UK as NO. Is this correct?
NET ID is definately correct and Virgin is on top for providers order

Yes. So are you still getting tune fatal?

If so what happens when you change sat to no?

If same change virgin to no then sky uk yes.

When sat is No and virgin is yes...it tunes.

When changing virgin to no and sky to yes with all sections selected as no under sky, it says tune failed fatal.
I think there is an issue with my sat connection. Signal is fine on this tuner.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apologies resurrecting an old post, but I have time to sort this out now.
The 'Tune Failed' issue was due to a bad feed going into the Solo 2. It had a break in the line, which is now sorted.

Im using Dsayers custom mix.
I think I have managed to get this working. However, the International channels I wanted are not on there.
The reason why I say "I think I have managed to get this working" is because on some channels, the channel Zap says "Tuner A" which is my Sat feed.
My premium channels says "Tuner C".

When I go into TV Guide>Green (satellites)> 28.2E Astra...I can find the channel on this and it works.
For reference, if you click in the link below and click international, the ones I want are all the FTA ones:

https://www.tvchannellists.com/List_of_channels_on_Sky_(UK_and_Ireland)#International

So how do I get the FTA international channels in my ABM which are only available on SLY UK

Last edited:
Is it better/easirr to swap Virmin premium channels to Sly channel list or add missing channels from Sly to Virmin channel list?

I don't know if I'm making sense lol

Back