Sony google tv + Tivimate

You don't load an m3u directly onto the TV it's added via am app I have already said install IBO player and load it via their website
Yes thats fine i will do that

But all other applications look for the file in the TV or external source so i am confused in those cases how to actually use the IPTV apps to upload your m3u file.

IBO player is 2.29 on the playstore. I dont want to purchase at the risk it does not work. Anyone else know how the usual free apps work with SONY android TV?

Please let me know

IBO player is 2.29 on the playstore. I dont want to purchase at the risk it does not work. Anyone else know how the usual free apps work with SONY android TV?

Please let me know
Your provider has Android apps you can use.
All you need to do is install it on the Android device and then put in your username and password.

Anyone giving m3u out in this day and age won't be around very long

Your provider has Android apps you can use.
All you need to do is install it on the Android device and then put in your username and password.

Anyone giving m3u out in this day and age won't be around very long

Yh but the apps are not applicable to the SONY TV which i want to use so an m3u is also provided. Now i can install the actualy app but there no way to enter the URL specific to my IPTV server

Yh but the apps are not applicable to the SONY TV which i want to use so an m3u is also provided. Now i can install the actualy app but there no way to enter the URL specific to my IPTV server
You said in post 21 that it is looking in the TV memory or external source, can't you put the m3u onto a usb and into the TV?
Then point it towards the usb when it asks for m3u location?

Please let me know
IBO Player gives a free 7 day trial download it and upload the m3u via their website

IBO Player gives a free 7 day trial download it and upload the m3u via their website
OK so tried this. Yes it worked well in terms of putting the file on. But the picture colour on this app is really strange, Its nothing compared to when i watch IPTV on my DUO 4k on the same provider.

This really is not for me. I use the DUO 4k for my IPTV but my cousin who purchased a SONY TV does not want a device or anything and wants IPTV built in so i am trying to work it out for him but this picture quality was too different then the natural look. Its hard to explain.

Will try look at other apps but need to find out which apps have this website way of uploading.

Is IMplayer in the play store? You can load stuff from the web interface.

Personally never really notice difference in picture quality from one app to the other.

Is IMplayer in the play store? You can load stuff from the web interface.

Personally never really notice difference in picture quality from one app to the other.
Ok yh will def try this

The picture quality was very different from the ibo player app compared to my VU DUO 4k tho.

I just dont get why the popular apps like IPTV smarter and others are all available on the sony android if there is no way to actually upload your m3u files in an easy way.
I will try the USB stick method but my provider has just given my the m3u URL and EPG URL so its not really a download link if you get what i mean

As dsayers says the m3u will have your server url username and password you can just enter those into smarters ect the server url will start with http or https then your username then your password which is what you need.
Pretty straight forward really if you know what you need to look for

Back