Starview HD Combo firmware and flashing guide.

dooby2oon

VIP Member
Slightly new pictures to go with aswell as this is what end product will look like
no more F type to arial connectors your cable and sat leads will screw straight on and has the good old serial port this might prove usefull if usb ports go down like the 8882 error can then reflash using serial also talk of a dongle for network and future sw update will allow divx and xvid playback through usb as this is HD might also be able to playback H264 mkv files via another future update.

Latest firmware and bootfile Found down below

Load the grooverider and boot v0021 files on to your usb memory stick, make sure power is off on machine.
Insert the memory stick into the front usb socket underneath the front flap.

Connect cables and turn the HD Combo on.

MAKE SURE YOU LOAD THE GROOVERIDER FILE FIRST THEN THE BOOT FILE FOLLOWING THE INFORMATION BELOW

From the main menu goto Utility and then press the right arrow button and select usb from the right hand side,
you will see the GrooveRider_HD_Combo_F3.50_1118.uad file press ok on it and make sure to select SW+ALL DATA UPDATE..
Now the machine will update and restart.
Ok now do the same with HD300E_Boot_V0021.UBT this time just select SW update
(Don't pull your memory stick out until the machine has fully started up)
Now when rebooted fully again this time switch off at back & turn back on run factory reset you now need to scan your channels,
so go to installation press the right arrow button again and go down to AUTO CABLE SEARCH all you need to change here is the symbol rate.
The symbol rate determines your area for example ntl is 6887, and 6952 are for telewest and EXc&w.
When you have selected your area go to start scan.

Once the scan has finished goto menu then highlight accessory and on the remote press the numbers "8989" you will then see
"key edit" appear on the right hand side, go to it and press ok and just check that auto update is on if its off just turn it on.

then goto to your channels by exiting the menu and pressing ok.. Select a non FTA channel and leave it until a picture appears
PLEASE NOTE IT CAN TAKE UPTO 5 MINUTES TO UPDATE

Channel list..
all your channels are categorised
pressing ok on your remote brings up the
channel list but it will be in simple layout, pressing the red button takes you to detail, now if your list don't appear to be categorised
you will need to press the SAT button on the remote and you need to select cable at the bottom of the list this will then give you the categories,
to change each section you simply use your left or right arrow buttons.

Job done :happy:

NEW INFO 17/12/09

Be very careful as there are now two HD Starview Combo boxes on the market with different firmware
Which one do you have.?
Please read BEFORE installing any firmware

The HD Combo + Box which has the lan ( please note this is the only model now in production so all are lan now there is no non lan to be produced ever again it was only the first 500 units ) will require the the lan software ( the new unit is actually called the starview hd combo +)

The first 500 non lan receivers will always require the non lan software which will always be available for those boxes this version will always work with the dongles to stop any confusion the mother boards are different

So lan box = lan software

Non lan box = non lan software even if you are using a dongle

This is Non-Ian firmware HERE

Non -Ian set up instructions HERE

Lan Firmware HERE

Lan set up instructions HERE

Last edited:
starview hd

Hi all i have loaded my hd combo and all seem to be working .Thanks all.
I have a problem thou. when i connect to hdmi my tv says nothing connected. any idea's . its a samsung 42" tv
cheers
Sean

Also make sure the input on your TV is set to HDMI, mine has 2 HDMI inputs 2 scart leads, component input, vga etc etc and I need to select the input mode on the TV for my array of gadgets to show.

Many thanks to dooby2oon for the great info.
I was able to set up my new Starview HD Combo+ without any problems (apart from needing a couple of tries before it would read the USB stick)

I do have one minor niggle - the EPG, which worked well when I first checked it, is now only part-populated with programme information. Do I need to do something to refresh it? I'd like to use the PVR function and recording from the EPG would be easiest option.

Thanks

Many thanks to dooby2oon for the great info.
I was able to set up my new Starview HD Combo+ without any problems (apart from needing a couple of tries before it would read the USB stick)

I do have one minor niggle - the EPG, which worked well when I first checked it, is now only part-populated with programme information. Do I need to do something to refresh it? I'd like to use the PVR function and recording from the EPG would be easiest option.

Thanks

Just switch off at rear for a few seconds and switch back on. Give it a few minutes to repopulate and should be ok. Mine did the same but only once so far.

If your box has not been flashed before then it may need flashing, everything you need is on the first post of this thread, just be careful in chosing the correct firmware (non-lan/lan)

Any problems then please report back. (y)

If you already have the latest firmware installed just bare in mind that the input of 8-9-8-9 has to be relatively quick or it will not work.

i have installed the firmware and scanned for the channels that all works well the only thing i realised from the instructions is it say the you need to go to utility and then usb to install the software but on my boxthe usb section come up in accessory so i did it from there could that be the problem and if it is how do i fix it

i have installed the firmware and scanned for the channels that all works well the only thing i realised from the instructions is it say the you need to go to utility and then usb to install the software but on my boxthe usb section come up in accessory so i did it from there could that be the problem and if it is how do i fix it

If you are still having trouble go to menu-utility-system info and check model,software version, hardwareversion and last update. If the model is combo use non lan software , if it says combo+ use lan software.

im having the same problem as the poster above, when i press 8989 nothing happens.

The system information states its a combo+ and i have loaded the correct software and scanned ok.

Any ideas?

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

im having the same problem as the poster above, when i press 8989 nothing happens.

The system information states its a combo+ and i have loaded the correct software and scanned ok.

Any ideas?

I CRACKED IT.

Just in case it helps anyone else, if 8989 doesn't appear you need to come out of the menu and try and view a few channels, then go back to menu and try 8989 again and it should work :happy:

Hi i just brought the new Star-view hd + combo LAN, I was weathering if this is the newest firmware. Also do I need to install the Boot_V0021 file on the LAN box?

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Hi i just brought the new Star-view hd + combo LAN, I was weathering if this is the newest firmware. Also do I need to install the Boot_V0021 file on the LAN box?

No just the two .uad files in this order

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW AND YOU WONT HAVE PROBLEMS

THIS IS THE LATEST FILE WITH BIG IMPROVMENTS TO THE SATELLITE SIDE.

IMPROVEMENTS

NOW WITH THE PIC MENU FOR BETTER CHANNEL SORTING

UPDATED SORT BUTTON FEATURES

BEEN UPDATED TO VERY USER FREINDLY AND MORE INFO ON THE SCREEN WHEN GOING UP OR DOWN THE CHANNELS.

NO 1 load Starveiw HD Combo_+_0128.UAD File first *****THEN FILE BELOW NO 2*****

NO 2 load GrooveRider_HD_Combo_+_0212.UAD FILE after.

YOU MUST DO A FACTORY RESET AFTER .

Back