Starview yet another rip off of their customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
still not activated paid on the 14th september.
the email i paid to said 5-7 days, then i email him few days ago, and he doesnt reply hmmmmmm

Requested a refund via paypal and received it within hours. No explanation or reply to any emails though so if you paid through paypal just open a case for service not received. Good luck.

about time people opened their eyes and see whats happening,its all posted by others of whats happening,we could see this happening many years ago.
remember a product only works if the backup and support is there!

i emailed them first i dont wanna dispute in paypal, even though i should!

they just want us to buy the Euroview HD, if you have a starview 6 or 7 dont even bother extending your sub!

what im saying is if i bought a brand new Euroview HD it would activate as normal.
they want the SV off their server completly....

did you not know euroview is a rebranded starview box nothing changes but the name,go ahead buy the box and later i told you so might pop up.the facts are nothing wrong with older boxes,they want more money.

as much as i hate the sv7 and would never go back there, i sure they will fix it as its in their interest to so , its just they got some plonkers working for them who F**k it up in the first place lol

I renewed my subs last week, no activation and reading people have paid up even last month and have not been activated. I am going to ask for a refund from Paypal Starview can get stuffed as far as I am concerned, they are nothing but armatures.

I renewed my subs last week, no activation and reading people have paid up even last month and have not been activated. I am going to ask for a refund from Paypal Starview can get stuffed as far as I am concerned, they are nothing but armatures.

good luck to you on here there seems to be a lot of who have asked for money back !!!! i dont think one has got his money back let us know how you get on

cactikid any info where to purchase a k/v box m8 av been looking around there are some on ebay but i would rather buy of somebody that is recommended any help would be appreciated

cactikid any info where to purchase a k/v box m8 av been looking around there are some on ebay but i would rather buy of somebody that is recommended any help would be appreciated
Lincsat nick nacks sell boxes..another 5% coming my way..! haha

OK first up I would like to say I did get my money back from Starview and it was absolutely no problem at all through PayPal, my money was back in my bank account the following day. So they are not there to rip you off I can assure you. Granted they are having problems, and these problems resulted myself in not having faith in them.

Second I would like to say that I was well pleased with their service over the 2 to 3 years I have been with them, and I very rarely had little to complain about during that period of time.

Thirdly right now I have just my celestial channels on my TV, I am going to give it another month to decide where I want to go. I have heard the KV HD boxes will be made available next month, and to be honest this is the direction I would like to go, and never had the opportunity to go down this road with Starview as they never had the HD service up and running when I joined them. I have no idea how good KV's boxes run, and have heard you do not need to pay any subscription for them, which to me is a good thing. I can honestly say the best box I ever had was the Digivox some years ago without a doubt. I never got any of this scramble crap with it, and it did not need the internet to run it. Obviously since Nagra 3 was installed by virgin we have had nothing but mayhem over the past few years.

Last edited:
yep remember digivox great box better than starview any time,the fun of the old days lol,i think now that starview have taken people for mugs as to not providing a service ,breaking promises time and time again,and last point in whatever box you get a good feed be it a cable signal or sat feed needs to be good for enjoying tv and bb also needed.

OK first up I would like to say I did get my money back from Starview and it was absolutely no problem at all through PayPal, my money was back in my bank account the following day. So they are not there to rip you off I can assure you. Granted they are having problems, and these problems resulted myself in not having faith in them.

Second I would like to say that I was well pleased with their service over the 2 to 3 years I have been with them, and I very rarely had little to complain about during that period of time.

I have heard the KV HD boxes will be made available next month, and to be honest this is the direction I would like to go, and never had the opportunity to go down this road with Starview as they never had the HD service up and running when I joined them. I have no idea how good KV's boxes run, and have heard you do not need to pay any subscription for them, which to me is a good thing.

mmm a lot of contradiction in your post, first you say you got your money back of starpoo because you have no faith in them, your next piece you say you where well pleased with there service for the past 2/3 yrs, so if you had faith in them for the 2/3 yrs with them why put a paypal claim in against them, why not stick by them, next you say you want a HD box well starpoo do HD as well so why not get there box and not change to KV.

My answer to this is you have seen the light and now realise that you could have just bought a KV box and saved yourself 3 yrs subs, now the light bulb has illuminated you see the light, buy a box get free subs, pity you and thousands of others did not see this light before now, myself and a lot of others on all forums have warned yourself ( Not Personally ) and others about starpoo for the last number of years what was going to happen, did you listen no the light bulb was switched off, but i am now glad that people have the light back on again.

mmm a lot of contradiction in your post, first you say you got your money back of starpoo because you have no faith in them, your next piece you say you where well pleased with there service for the past 2/3 yrs, so if you had faith in them for the 2/3 yrs with them why put a paypal claim in against them, why not stick by them, next you say you want a HD box well starpoo do HD as well so why not get there box and not change to KV.

My answer to this is you have seen the light and now realise that you could have just bought a KV box and saved yourself 3 yrs subs, now the light bulb has illuminated you see the light, buy a box get free subs, pity you and thousands of others did not see this light before now, myself and a lot of others on all forums have warned yourself ( Not Personally ) and others about starpoo for the last number of years what was going to happen, did you listen no the light bulb was switched off, but i am now glad that people have the light back on again.

Well there is nothing at all contradictive about my statement in my last post. First up regarding HD boxes and Starview they never had them running in the first place when I joined them, so for me to buy and HD box would of been a complete waste of money buying one in the first place. As far as I know Starview only got the HD service to run on their HD boxes 6 months ago, and not 2 or 3 years back. So what the hell is contradictive about that.

There is nothing what so ever contradictive about my losing faith in them after the 2 to 3 years I have been with them. The simple reason why I decided to have no faith in them, was because their main engineer as done a runner, and who is left in charge of trying to sort out their unfortunate dilemma as not got a clue as to how to activate the boxes. Now I could be waiting for a month of Sunday's for them to sort this crap out, and that is why I lost faith in them and nothing more. Up until this happened I stick by statement, I was happy with their service. And to be perfectly honest if they can rectify it before KV get their HD boxes out. I will go back with them. Because HD TV is ****ing shit in comparison to Blu Ray, and I would sooner pay £25 than £200. But I am all for technology and it can only get better in the future, which is why I do not mind spending the dough on an HD box.

Last of all I would like to say, I did not see the light years ago as you stated, it was not that bright in the first place for me to see it. But I see it flickering now. But as to if KV's boxes run better than Starviews I would not have a clue, and to be honest there is an awful load of crap out there, that's for sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back