Starviewsub Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
starview bow is showing SW and my box number, I have 3.0 installed can anybody advice me on how to fix thios problem.

As fair as I know they are working on the problem and moving house servers to a different location...It will be back up and running soon but cant give you a date as I don't know myself yet. Don't buy any subs until they have a full service up and running is the best and honest advice I can give you.

probably crashed due to mass hysteria on there,new fees and new box maybe.

Don't buy any subs until they have a full service up and running is the best and honest advice I can give you.

that may be never

Last edited:
It crashed because they had over 100,000 new customers join starview in one year which is why the servers need expanding.

For Starview subscription support please PM me your box numbers for help and support.

No user information is kept the only information of any value or importance is the box number thus that's is the reference to the support given!

Also within the next few weeks guys you will all see some interesting development in ref to the hd and the remaining channels n ppv :-D we will have a full line up of channels very soon.:nerd:

like as what this post date says,god help them 100,000 more victims

It crashed because they had over 100,000 new customers join starview in one year which is why the servers need expanding.

your a fooking liar Starkings the reason they went off is because you did not pay the piper in korea that is why they went off, and if you had 100,000 customers how come lots and lots are on all forums complaining they have been off for months.

Grow a pair of balls m8 and for once tell the people the turth and what about the leaked customer informatioon is that lies as well, well i suppose tell one lie it comes natural after that, until your found out, you had promise people there boxes would be back up and running on the 9th sept that has been surpassed by 3 months more lies.

SO WHAT IS THE TRUTH OR ARE YOU SO FULL OF SH1T YOU DONT KNOW YOURSELF

Data Leak? What Data Leak?
So The Kiddy is still insisting that there has been no data compromised from the starview subscription system and support forum, and that the emails are not been sent using their data. mmmmk. So let's put the final nail in the StarView coffin.

You ARE the weakest link... Good Bye!
Any systems security is only as strong as it's weakest link. With the StarView model lets start at the beginning. Customers (or victims as we here at mystarview.cu.cc like to call them) were invited to submit there details using a "StarView Support Request" tool to make enquiries about registering there products and serial numbers, along with filling out a survey about there products. This was initially released as version 1.0 but later upgraded to 1.02.

Notice the date on the emails? This shows you just how long we have been intercepting the emails.

We would like to point out we attempted to contact TheKiddy on the StarView support forum to tell him his system was leaking details; the result was he banned us.

The interesting detail about emails however is there headers. They contain a complete trace of the email from start to finish as it is delivered to it's final destination. In this case, the start was the customers PC, so the headers contained the IP/Hostname and computer name of the sender - This is how we got this information in the recently sent out emails. The rest of the information was what you entered into the support program (box number, your email address)

We collected several thousand email addresses and recently emailed a small number of people.

Why are we sending out emails?
Because The Kiddy is taking the piss out of his customers by ripping them off, and ignoring their complaints. He continually refuses to admit there had been any chance of a data leak - but the data had been stolen from his system long before it even reached the intended receipents. They lost control of the flow of the email right at the first stage due to a complete lack of understanding on how to secure this very confidential information.

We informed The Kiddy that his system was leaking private details over a year ago by PM on his site. Instead of listening to our advice and securing the system, he banned us from his site. Something that has become all to common when anything negative is said about them on their site.

Maybe the Kiddy would like to offer his customers an appology now and admit that his design was insecure leading to this massive breach of security we exploited.

As of 29th November 2012, we have commandeered the gmail accounts to prevent others from abusing the system. As a result the StarView support tool 1.02 is now permanently broken. The recovery information was also removed so they won't be getting them back any time soon.

We were also pissed off that The Kiddy was in such a hurry to get his payment system back up and running to take new subs, despite the fact he has not got the channels put back on yet and that there are hundreds of people who have paid and are awaiting activation. The Kiddy has asked those who paid by PayPal to request a refund and pay him his new increased prices. He is ignoring the fact that he may have already withdrawn your money into his account, and most of you will not be able to claim a refund by PayPal because it is now over the maximum time permitted for a claim. It's very clear his only priority is obtaining your money.

And Finally...
For those who did not use the support tool... Don't think your details are safe!

THIS IS NOT THE ONLY SECURITY ISSUE OR DATA LEAK THEY HAVE SUFFERED

More to come on that later. Were saving that one for (another) rainy day.

It is just the earliest one in the chain of events that occur when you to subscribe, so we chose to abuse this one first. It shows there complete lack of understanding of basic security and how they have lost control of their security so early on. That makes this a nice little exploit. But it's not the only one...

Update 02/12/2012
Why is it that the staff at mystarview.com are banning any and all members who dare to ask about their personal information been leaked, and removing all posts relating to anything bad about StarView and there security. Looks like TheKiddy is still hiding behind denial. Very shoddy operation.

---------- Post Merged at 07:47 PM ----------

As fair as I know they are working on the problem and moving house servers to a different location...It will be back up and running soon but cant give you a date as I don't know myself yet. Don't buy any subs until they have a full service up and running is the best and honest advice I can give you.

you cant give them a date because why ? you haven't a clue yourself if it will ever come back on you have been spouting the same sh1t for the last 3 months

Right then, starview is dead, what's the way forward? KV or sly? I know nothing about either as have always been a cable dreambox and starview man. Is sly via subs? How good are KV?

If u can have a dish then go sat atleast if it goes wrong u can still get free sat and not just left with 1 to 5

I can have a dish and gonna go for f3 sly box i think but just don't know how, who or where to go for sub etc. Any help appreciated!

At least you are advising against subs now honesty the best policy willo

---------- Post Merged at 09:50 PM ----------

That was aimed at Starking btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back