Stuck on boot help

makido

VIP Member
Help guys

Ive landed my box in boot and I cant get it to shift at all

Ive tried a 6.1 image, formatting with bootice, hdd guru. Ive tried a different power cable
Loads of different branded usbs. Even tried a bootloader, and nothing works, just sits on boot.

It cant be dead surely as anyone got any other ideas, cos right now im out.

If flashing from a USB stick, when the box is first powered on does the display show USB/Updt before switching to the word BOOT? if so when the words USB/UPTD appear press the power button on the front of the box for a second and the display should then change to 'FLASH'

Is the firmware on the usb set to force or non force
You might need to press the front power button couple times to kick the flash in

If it's stock firmware it will be non force

It doesnt do anything just sits on boot
When I tried the bootloader it was the same. Force/no force makes no difference

What are you flashing from?

Have you tired 6.2?
Tried the right firmware for box
Tried another firmware
Pushed the button the front

I had this a few weeks ago with an Edision but this may also work for you:
box was stuck on boot & no matter what I did I could not get it to FLSH anything ATV (even the base nightly firmware & yes I do know how to prep usb before flashing so was baffled) ended up trying a VIX image..to my suprise the box flashed then booted as normal...
I was then able to reload the bootloader....then it would allow ATV to flash as normal so worth a try, think there is a 'patched' VIX image for your box on the forum

Last edited:
Ive tried a few images all with the same result. Even tried my backups that I know work normally.
Not tried vix tho never thought of that. Should willos build for vix work?

I cant work out whether its a usb problem tho or not cos im told with the bootloader I should see cfe or something like that on lcd, but as said it just doesnt do anything.
I dunno but its driving me mad. Maybe ive just been spoilt cos ive never had this with the h2s ever. I usually have one usb that flashes the lot
Im not giving up just yet tho
Thanks guys

its worth a try, prep your usb again from scratch, load willo's build onto the usb & try to flash the box, IF it works then you can load the bootloader to correct the flashing problem, then like my Edision it may flash ATV as normal or just stay with willo's vix image

A bit of progress I think
Flash willos vix I did get a flash on the lcd but within seconds it was boot red light again.
Nothing at all from the bootloader tho. so I will keep trying cos although short lived something happened

Have you tried a bigger power supply and booting without any hdd plugged in?
OpenPLI usually sorts out any flashing issues for me if I get stuck.

Oh you have a red light

I had this on the h2s

What I did was
Do the flash as you would normal press the power button on the front and just left it as is and went for dinner
Came back and it was all good and booted in

But think the psu is the problem

No havent tried a bigger power cable dont think I have one, might have v8s cable and one off the sky+box if thats the same fitting. Dont know if the are bigger tho but will look and try.
The only thing I have plugged in is the power. Sure I tried pli earlier but will try again.
If not then im well and truly beat cos I dont know what else to try. So maybe it is worth leaving it on and then see what happens like silver says

Just swapped my neighbour power cables mine did work on his - but I wasnt going to be defeated for the sake of a cable

IMG_0004.JPG
Just a waiting game now

Thanks to all for the help so far

Dont know mine worked on his so im not sure. But I thought if I swapped it for one that definitely works it cant be that. So I am now trying your suggestion and leaving it alone - may last half hour till I start faffing again but its gotta be worth a shot

As said it happened to me. I pressed the front button to flash, nothing came up on screen red boot, dinner was ready, forgot about the box, came back and it was done

No idea why

I use the same power supply for about 6 boxes that I make builds on.
It's 12v 5a and works on them all. They're only about £8.

As said it happened to me. I pressed the front button to flash, nothing came up on screen red boot, dinner was ready, forgot about the box, came back and it was done

No idea why
Well I think its safe to say it aint going to work for me :( someone suggested compressed air in the usb slots?
I dunno but I know what im going to do with it in a minute haha

I think KiddaC mentioned a couple of years back that cleaning the usb slot with a cotton bud and blowing the fluff out sometimes works.
My vote is for the PSU though.

Back