Stuck on boot help

That's a strange problem,never had that.Have you tried a small usb stick 2gb/4gb stick, give it a full low level format with hddguru then a full windows fat32 format then load image and try to flash box.Daft question but you are using the rear usb(had to ask).

I do have other boxes so its far from the end of the world its just bugging me as to why this one wont go.
But after 2 days of trying I guess its time to give up on it
Thanks to everyone

Have you tried the PSU from one of your other boxes?
I know the original Zgemmas had a fairly decent brick type PSU but then they started using the ones built into the plug which had a lower output.

It's surprising how much stuff uses a 12v PSU.
I had LED lights on a roll for the kitchen and they come with a 12v 5a PSU included for about £8.

I’m guessing they are cheap that’s why everyone uses them

I need to see about getting a bigger power supply to get this motor working
For my next project

Have you tried the PSU from one of your other boxes?
I know the original Zgemmas had a fairly decent brick type PSU but then they started using the ones built into the plug which had a lower output.
I have the one that was originally from the et8500 I think - It cant be every power supply surely. its just got to be the box.

Yep the only joy I briefly got was your vix image it did come up flash for a few seconds then back to red light boot.
Cant get anything from any other image at all

Hey, just a thought @makido , have any of your USB sticks got an indicator light (small LED) and if so is it coming on when inserted ?
Will show if the box is even powering up the port and/or if it is attempting to read the drive.

No, I have a few but none that flash. Im done for now so ive packed it away.

Wonder how long it will be until I have another crack tho :)

Last edited:
No, I have a few but none that flash. Im done for now so ive packed it away.

Wonder how long it will be until I have another crack tho :)
I know that, what I'm asking is, does the LED flash/on/off/ ? That is the LED on any of your USB drives?

Edit;- I thought you meant none that flash the box, but I reckon now you mean none that have a small LED in them. :grin:

Did the bootloader flash properly? CFE on the screen for a few seconds?
I've just flashed my bootloader to put a personalised splash screen on.

Try this one, I know it works:
Just extract the zgemma folder to USB as normal.
Don't rename noforce to force, just leave it as noforce.
Put the stick in the rear port with only the power connected.
Power on and when the display shows USB/UPDT press the front power button.
CFE should appear on the LCD for about 5 seconds and then it will reboot.

..... You had better delete splash.bin unless you want this every time you power on.

upload_2018-3-19_16-17-51.png

Attachments

• zgemma.zip
    302.3 KB · Views: 4
Back