tech inept requires help

flutered

i got a giga blue hd 800 se plus, it came with open vix installed, it also has ccam 2.3.0. installed with a running line, how does the likes of me install a line from a different server, thanks all.

Do you mean so that you're running both lines at same time? Or swapping the current one out for a new?

Edit: This post by wheelo should help you http://www.techkings.org/vu-duo2-support/56931-enigma2-box-vix-setup.html esp the Filezilla/FTP new line etc

I've got the same receiver as you.

i wish to add the new one, as the old one seems to be in the artic, its freezing really bad.
connect your box with filezilla ftp by puting your id password then open var/etc/keys click to edit cccam.cfg and copy your nline and paste in cccam.cfg by pressing Ctrl+V then save it and restart cccam on box.

well you are testing other server for that better switch off old cline/nline or remove old acess cline/nline from cccam.cfg then add new1 and check

OK, well assuming you've got a new line/file ready and waiting to send to your box..just follow that guide by wheelo that I linked to above.

You need to use Filezilla to connect to your box, navigate the the Var/usr/keys folder (if it's an N-line(newcamd.list) or to the Etc folder if it's a CCcam file - and remove/backup if you're going to use again or delete the one that's already there - then just drag and drop the new file to replace it. Restart softcam (blue button on remote/softcam manager) and see if the ice has melted :)

if its Nline and you want add in mgcamd at newcamd.list then
remove N: and add CWS = dns port id pass 0102.......14

for cccam if its nline put as it is it start from

N: dns port id pass 0102......14

can i assume that from the start i need to have the sat box and my lappy connected via null modem, i have all the items downloaded, but i cannot get the ipk file to open on my lappy, will the null modem achive this, thanks f.

Hi flutered - null modem? Your laptop and sat box can connect over your internet network - I'm going to assume (correct me if otherwise) that your laptop connects to your router wirelessly and your sat box is connected to your router by ethernet cable?

If so, then from your laptop open Filezilla and connect to your sat box by typing in the sat box IP address (on your Gigablue remote control: Menu/Information/Network and at the top you'll see IP address/numbers of your sat box). It'll be something like 192.168.*.**

As for the ipk file - you don't need to open it (unless it's zipped - in which case just right click and extract) as long as it says enigma2-plugin-cams-mgcamd.1.35a_1.0-r3_mipsel.ipk you just need to drag that to the appropriate folder as described in the above guide.

FZ1.jpgFZ2.jpg

as you said on first post that cccam 2.30 alredy installed on your box and you alredy using server you just want to change the line right?

for that just download filezilla or ftp to box then put user and password of your box then open var then open etc ten open keys then press edit on cccam.cfg and put your new line and remove old one.
if mgcam installed then open usr then keys then newcam.list for that follow my above post related mgcam and cccam

I missed that part about already having cccam 2.30 installed - so you don't need to add that softcam .ipk if you're going to be using a c-line.

If you're going to be using an n-line then you will need it.

getting there very slowly, i am now looking to edit the ccam config, i spnt qquite a while looking in the var and etc files, nothing so far, filezilla make it easy enough, i have the enigma thingy and the new line on a usb stick, i find it handier to open theem, altho by one of the above posts i do not need the enigma thing, i hope try again in an hour or sso, but i am feeling very tired, so i may not be able. i will update tomorrow,

do it while awake and fresh brain works better,what does the pdf file say?
the file above is for mg and maybe cccam goes somewhere else tired also lol

i have stopped ccam 2.3.1, but the tv is still running, whf

---------- Post Merged at 02:13 PM ----------

i can now see two ccam files
ccam file size 89 cfg file modified 03/14/14
ccam file size 79 confi file modified 07/21/14

so how do i close one and start the other, do i highlight the cfg file and click on deleate, will the confi file work automatically.

---------- Post Merged at 02:30 PM ----------

i deleated cfg 89, i opened the congi file, re startes the ccam, but the box is still running the deleated file.

---------- Post Merged at 02:35 PM ----------

i am getting this message no config found, pls set up ccam first in /etc/CCam config

Last edited:
flutered - if you open Filezilla and connect to your box.. on the right hand side click into the "etc" folder - can you see the new CCcam.cfg file in there? You'll be able to tell if it's your new line because it will be dated.

If it is there then close filezilla...on your remote control press blue button/softcam manager/yellow button restart

See if that works

i can see the new cam it has yesterdays date on it, i have gone into the restart, only to be told i need to set up ccam on CCam config, the i get a new box telling me about a load of stuff not found, a good job i am nearly bald, as i would be pulling it out by now.

---------- Post Merged at 04:38 PM ----------

errot traceback type exceptions 10 error error2 no such file or directory/ etc CCcam.cfg
/user/ lib/python2.7 threading.py 245 boootstrap
there is an mile more but i am gettin peed off with all of it, its looking like d oh is gonna offer uncle rubert cash.

---------- Post Merged at 04:43 PM ----------

how about i wipe the box and start from new, how do i go about this

Before anything drastic like a factory reset... just want to establish for sure whether your new line is a c-line or n-line.

If you right click the CCcam.cfg file on your pc and open it with notepad what is the first letter showing?

C: = c-line
N: = n-line
CWS = n-line

n cardt thats the start of the line

could it be that the line is in wrong, but i downloaded it to the pen drive so it should be correct.

Last edited:
Ok..I think we're seeing some light at the end of the tunnel now :)

So your CCcam.cfg is an n-line. It's in the right place (etc folder). In post #2 above I linked to another thread by wheelo and there's a link in that post to download the mg_cfg file - do that and place it (FTP filezilla) in the var/usr/keys folder as shown in the pics above. Once that's done try the softcam manager/yellow button restart again.

Back