theshowmustgoon2.12 update 12/05/11 (for Starview 6 and 7 only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the new firmware working for people right now? flashed mine on sunday, seemed to work then, isnt working now though...

i think you will experience problems like this, going on and off, as its a new update, but yesterday SS2 was working smoothly, so did the play off game

i hope it works boxing is on saturday

hawkey I have already removed one of your posts, if your looking for somewhere to make a first post have a read of forum rules and message from admin.

also if you read through thread people have got the FW working.

to record programmes get a portable hard drive 500gb recommended attach to usb port when you boot it should recognise the hdd abd say hdd ready go to menu then select time record screen appears fill in channel time etc and it will record to hdd to playback press play on remote select programme it will have a movie film logo beside press ok and away you go ff rw supported hope this is some help for you

to record programmes get a portable hard drive 500gb recommended attach to usb port when you boot it should recognise the hdd abd say hdd ready go to menu then select time record screen appears fill in channel time etc and it will record to hdd to playback press play on remote select programme it will have a movie film logo beside press ok and away you go ff rw supported hope this is some help for you

Can also be done with a fat32 usb

nned some advice please, ive downloaded the file and put on a usb pen and inserted in the starview hd combo with lan box yet when I try to click on the file inside the usb setting and it does nothing except bring up options to save the file or config it, ive tried saving the file and it installs, ive reset and scanned and all channels are picked up but it doesnt connect to the server, do I need any other files or do I need some settings changed? after I do the update I have to manually go in and switch the internet on, on the box but on ustream it keeps saying connecting and doesnt do anything else after that! Please help

always go for the newest software

i have put it on a sv7 today and scanned only the 1st 4 hd channels came up in scan,
so yet again broke the rules flashed again with 1.04 and scanned then updated to smgo 2.2 and works better with sp2

my box was working last night but try watching the playoff game tonight game posh v mk dons and my box will not load up does anyone know why i put the new software on long time ago.

maintenance work is going on i guess, the update is not even a month old, i guess the waiting game goes on

Got to say i am fed up with starview i bought a kryptview on monday they are adding more channels by the day, they are releasing more up dates at least once a week,
starview has not got and will never have the service that kryptview has.

Hi Ellen, we have just bought a Starview 9600 HD and followed your instructions to this point
Press menu > utility > Usb > uk > showmustgoon2.12.ups > ok
s/w upgrade > ok
but it simply wont upgrade for us. We have read elsewhere that it has to be formatted to fat 32 - we dont know what this is and also that prior to inserting the pen drive into the back of the box, the box should be turned off.

As you can see, we are complete beginners and any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance Lukeoli

this update will not work on the 9600 hd only the starview 6/7 have been sorted at the moment no updates so far for your box

Starview 9600 HD

this update will not work on the 9600 hd only the starview 6/7 have been sorted at the moment no updates so far for your box

Thanks for that Eddie. So presumably we will just have to wait for an appropriate update to arrive. Quite frustrating but our own fault for not researching the product enough. Bye for now.

right so this isnt for the starview hd combo box then is their any update available for the hd combo or should I sell up and buy a kryptview?

first post has been amended now for guidance,so it should not happen again,this box can be used for sat can it not? so dont bin it

why are you blagging,sv are losing buisness.your the man.plenty associates asking same old ,just admit defeat on duo = combo.were biggest sellers west-mids ...honesty is the best all rounder....franchise,your having a girraffe.have a look in the mirror,are you real or plastic....have a word with yourself geek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back